Thursday, May 31, 2007

hooray

I can't believe it's already Friday. I love long weekends because they make the next week go by quickly. This is a super exciting week for me. We met our landlords at the house last night to pick up the keys! No more apartment living. No more hearing our neighbors fighting, throwing ALL night parties, and doing unspeakable things. It's been a long time coming.

The house looks better than I imagined. I will post pictures of the inside when we get moved in this weekend. We have a massive walk in closet that I could actually use as a nursery too.

I drove back to the house this morning to meet the Sears delivery guys who were dropping off our new fridge. Suprisingly they came on time. I had a few hours to kill before lunch and naps so I drove 10 minutes south to Healdsburg. I have to say this at least one more time, I love living here! I never realized how perfectly Santa Rosa is located to everything. Healdsburg had a lot of fun shops and places to eat and is only 10 minutes away from our new house. I just feel like I am surrounded by everything I could want, accept my family.

Right now I am trying to find the perfect diaper bag. It's got to be cute, practical, not too pricey, and big enough to fit toys, diapers, wipes and all the other things that come with having three kids. I have found a few brands that I really like. I think I have finally picked the one I will get. I actually got to see it in person at a boutique this morning. Now I just have to pick the color. Please vote for your favorite! I am leaning towards Flora. I value all of your opinions and love to hear your feedback. The brand is skiphop and the style is the Duo Double. Another company I really like is loom.

1. Charcoal
2. Olive
3. FloraNext will be the car seat and stroller issue I am having! Oh and I found some bedding that I think will be perfect from Pottery Barn. Check it out. Now if I can just find a way to get it on sale or cheaper than the full price. I would like to get the bumper and blanket and do a solid colored skirt and sheet. I love it because I can incorporate any colors with it.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love Healdsburg. My mom works in Healdsburg. There is definitely some good food and shopping there. A must are the Sticky Buns at the Downtown Bakery, they are to die for.

Stephanie said...

And I NEED that diaper bag. It is perfect. The one I have is like one big bottomless pit, the one you showed has a lot more organizational pockets and stuff. Oh and did you see this: http://store.carryyou.com/sicily-double-stroller-cup-holder.html
It i compatible with the Maclaren double (which we have also). I think I need it too!

Kasey said...

Very cute bedding and diaper bag. I'd probably go with the Flora too. It's just something I would like to carry around as a purse, you know? The other two may be a bit too plain for me. You have got to get the bedding. It's adorable!
Funny thing about Healdsburg b/c I remember when Chris was in 8th grade and played in the Crescent City tourney, I had a crush on a guy named Jordan from Healdsburg. Is it odd that is the first thing I think about when driving by or hearing about Healdsburg?

Jami said...

FLORA!!! You need to go for color, girl! Especially if you're having a girl. I love the crib stuff, too. Polka dots are SO this season! ha. Fleurville is the brand of my diaper bag and I love it, but I like the pockets on yours...I am always digging for stuff. good luck moving, can't wait to see the house.

Aubree said...

I love the diaper bag. I wish I would have found your site before I bought mine!! I LOVE LOVE the bedding!!! I bet it comes on sale. Do you get the catalog? Sometimes they send out 10% off coupons and stuff. Good luck with the move and post pics soon! I love seeing other people's houses!

{Erica} said...

I have that diaper bag in brown with pink lining...it's my favorite diaper EVER! If I could get another one I'd go with the olive...that way it can be for a boy or a girl...dad or a mom....

Lindsey said...

I love that diaper bag. Go for the Flora. It's fun, stylish and v cute. I saw that brand at a store here too and it looked the perfect bag! I also love the bedding. Good choice, and polka dots are very in.

Sarie said...

Yay for diaper bags and your own house!!! Your baby will be here any time! I'm so excited! Wish I could see her in person.

Debbi said...

I love the Flora one - it's summer which makes me think fun colors and it looks like you could use it for a purse too and not look too much like a diaper bag. I love the bedding - it looks way fun. I can't believe you are going to have this baby so soon - it doesn't seem like it's been that long!

kh said...

Hi Kelly!

I am so happy that you in your house! What a nice feeling! YEAH!

I love the bedding and love your choices for bags, however, I am terrible at making decisions, so get the one YOU like! (what a help I am!)

Tiff Hunt said...

Hi, You don't know me. I am a blog snoop! I found you through Kristen, I hope you don't mind. I have the funnest websit for diaperbags. if you would like to check it out. www.sassystitching.com. I love it. Good luck and congratulations on your new addition.