Happy Birthday Mom! I have long wanted to write a post about my mom but felt it would be most appropriate to save for her birthday. My mother truly embodies everything a mother should be and more. I can't count how many times she has come to my rescue. Even as a teenager she was one of my best friends. How is that possible you say? Because she was just there for me. She wanted to hear about every ounce of my life but never pried or made me feel immature. She has always been up for anything. Full of life and fun. When our family goes to amusement parks my dad often goes back to the hotel early because he gets sick but my mom stays and closes the park down. She lives every moment to the fullest.I remember when Jody and I decided to move back to California, after we got married, and I was so excited because I couldn't wait to live by my mom again. We are so much alike. We both love to shop, eat, cook, talk, read, watch movies, travel and more. It seems like we are always on the same page and can easily talk and agree upon anything.
The greatest thing about her is that she wants more for her children than she wants for herself. She knew how badly Jody and I wanted him to get this job in Santa Rosa, even though it would take us away from her and my dad. But when I told her that he had gotten it I think she was more excited for us then we were! She is such an optimist. Always looking toward the good side of things.
By living close to her these last few years I have even learned so much more about her. I have seen her forgive in instances when it would not have been so easy for me. Growing up I had always witnessed her acts of service, but never so fully in recent years. When someone is in need she is the first to respond without hesitation. She is confident, intelligent, funny, spiritual, practical, honest, hard working, selfless and trustworthy.
Most importantly I have witnessed her acts of love toward me and my family. She works very hard but spends a lot of that money to visit and spend time with her children and grandchildren. No matter the distance she makes it a point to be there for us. She truly knows what is most important in life.
The hardest thing for me to experience with her, was when she lost her own mother a few years ago. Mostly because I knew how it would feel to lose her. During this time she was the glue that held her family together and worried more about others pain than she did her own. She is such a christ-like person. Once again she showed her optimistic personality and saw the good in an unexpected loss of her own mother, an equally wonderful person.
I could write a book about my mom. I want her to know how much she means to me and that she has always been a wonderful example of the type of mother I want to be. I really don't know what I am going to do without her living five minutes away from me. She has been my support through so much especially at times when I felt like I was going to lose my mind.

I love you mom and am sad not to be there to spend this day with you. Happy Birthday!
(p.s. I must apologize for the pictures. They were all I had on my laptop.)
8 comments:
Kelly, wonderful post and I agree with everything you said about your mom. I am so lucky to have her as my sister. She is alot like our mom. I love you Pam and have a Happy Birthday!!! Julie
I'm at work and reading this and am crying, so embarrassing but such a lovely post. Thank you so much for those lovely words-hope I can live up to them. I know one thing for sure-I love my children and grandchildren and husband beyond measure. I am truly blessed. Thanks for making my day!
Amen, sista! You are so lucky to have been able to live near her all this time. Even now, I must say that we are all a bit jealous!
Happy Birthday Pam! That was such a sweet post. Your mom is such a neat person!
Geez, you girls are gonna make me cry (not hard to do this week, but still...)
Happy Birthday!
I don't know you, but I wish you the best birthday ever!
Such a great post Kelly. It's so sweet. Sounds like you got the best of the best of the best, lucky you.
Happy Birthday Pam! I love you!! Great post kel. You guys have an awesome relationship and are really lucky!
Kelly, you are a beautiful writer. I can tell you are writing about someone so close to your heart. Happy Birthday to Pam, too. It will be hard without her, but at least you are still somewhat close.
Post a Comment