Friday, May 25, 2007

Innovative ideas

I either have too much time on my hands or things have really changed from the last time I had a baby. I have found SO many things I want to get for this baby to make things more simplified for both of us! I won't be getting them all but I just had to share these with some of you who are also expecting soon.

The Hootie Hider not only fashion friendly but very practical. "A simple blend of beautiful fabrics chosen with chic moms in mind, with the all important patent pending rigid neck line that allows mom to see baby and baby to see mom." For a great deal at only $35.

I like this pattern and the one shown above. But there are a quite a few to chose from.

I currently have a Maclaren doubler stroller. I love the stroller because it is light, folds up easily, and is easy to manuever. The drawbacks. No cup holder and you can't put an infant seat in it. I found a solution for no cup holder and actually a snack tray as well.


I am horrible at swaddling. But we all know that infants love it. So I found this swaddling blanket for $10 at Toys R' US. A must have!

"A revolution in diaper changes." Thanks to Lindsey who previously posted on these fabulous patemm pads. My only problem is that I don't know which pattern to get!
Both of my boys constantly spit up when they were nursing. The burp catcher would save a lot of cleanups, especially for when we aren't at home. Two for $10.

The bebePOD Plus. "Ergonomic design provides optimal support in helping Baby learn to sit. Your baby’s own body weight helps ensure a safe and comfortable seating position without the need for uncomfortable straps. " This is similar to the bumbo but it comes with a tray and attachable toy. It would be great for your child before they learn to sit up on their own.


I found this company in one of my parenting magazines. They sell these great diaper bags for $69.95 that come with a pacifier pod (pictured below), changing pad and tote.



Now if money weren't an issue I would get this bag from miabossi for $240.

I will definitely be trying out these new nursing pads called LilyPadz. You can reuse them for up to two months. "The special soft, flexible and non-absorbent silicone (the same material in most baby bottle nipples) conforms to your breast for a secure fit. This allows you to wear whatever you like with confidence--swimsuits, tight fitting shirts, or even go braless while sleeping! " On sale for $16.75 at mom4kids.


Last but not least. I love these babyhawk Mei Tai baby carriers that carry from a newborn up to a child that weights 40 lbs. So practical and once again fashionable. Go to the website to see a large variety of styles.

9 comments:

Kalie said...

Check out the ergo carrier...that is the one I had and I still use it with Kyle. All that stuff looks great. How exciting!

Heidi said...

Okay all this stuff makes me want to have a baby to shop for, but then again it depresses me because I could not afford any of it.

Debbi said...

My friend has a hooter-hider that I borrowed and I loved! I loved it so much I had my crafty friend Kim down in FL make me one (she did for WAY cheaper than $35, and she'll make you one too if you want). I have lots of friends that swear by those Lilly pads too! Baby shopping is soo much fun!

Pam said...

Boy have times changed!! Wish I had had all these things. What an industry babyhood and motherhood has become! The hootie hider is the best though!

Sarie said...

Hootie Hider is hilarious! My sister in law made one for herself.. Actually made her husband sew her one (looked kind of like an apron)...
And I love those little Bebe pod chairs. Hannah has one and she couldn't live without it. Kayla loves it.
oh and I LOVE the polka dot bag! you have really good taste. Too bad it wasn't cheaper.

Kasey said...

Wow, you have been busy! It seems like there are always new things coming out to make life with baby easier. I LOVE the patemm pad, polka dot diaper bag and hootie hider the best. So cute!
Be sure to let us know what you end up getting and whether it's a must have or not!

Lindsey said...

Kelly, what fun stuff! You found some really great stuff. I love the hawk carrier thing! I think I need it, badly!!

Jami said...

I went to the motherhood outlet here and they had lilypadz...love them! You have to get some! It was so fun to see you guys-I love love love your cute little family and Rylee will make it even cuter! Let me know if you want to come shop! love you

Jill M said...

The hooter hider is the best innvention ever, I use mine multiple times a day. I also love the bebe pod chair I have a hand me down from a sister and cannot wait to put little betty in it.