Wednesday, May 02, 2007

our life finally begins

We are here. On Sunday we drove to Santa Rosa to begin our new life. It is so strange that this is where I really live now. I keep thinking I am on vacation.

We got good news from our landlords. At the end of the month we can move into the house! I am so happy because it will give me a few weeks to get situated before Rylee comes.

My mom drove down here on Monday to help us get settled in. She probably feels like we really didn't need her but the boys and I really did. It helped me to just have her around while I got somewhat comfortable with my new surroundings. Plus she helped with the kids, bathing and getting them ready for bed which is always a welcome break. Ammon kept asking us if it was Grandpa's turn to come now, because Grandma left today. I'm not sure that he gets this whole moving thing yet.

Yesterday we drove to Vacaville to see Jami and BEAUTIFUL baby Keal. He really is a gorgeous baby. My mom and I couldn't say enough about him on the way home. I am lucky to be near Rona (my wonderful aunt) and her two daughters Jami and Lani (equally wonderful). I hope to see them often.

My mom and I kept talking about how after five years of marriage and almost three kids mine and Jody's life is really finally starting to begin. Having a husband that has to be somewhere all day long is a new thing for me but having a steady pay check is too. This last one I could get use to.

7 comments:

Community Vision said...

Kelly, It seems really weird that you don't live here any longer. I will miss seeing you driving and waving. I am excited that you will get to move again at the end of the month to somewhere more permanent. Good Luck getting settled!

Kasey said...

Yes, you are very lucky to be living near Rona, Jami and Lani. I would love to see Keal, too. Hopefully this summer!
I must say I had to laugh at your last paragraph. We will be at nine years and probably four (or close to it) kids when Matt gets out of dental school. It may even be two years longer if he specializes. Yikes! At least we had a couple years in there where we thought his career had started. A steady paycheck IS nice. You will LOVE it!

Lindsey said...

Glad the move went well! I have been thinking of you guys and need to chat with you about everything. It will be so much fun to be near Ronsia, Lani and Jami. I'm so jealous! Also jealous you got to see Keal. How fun!

Debbi said...

I have a love/hate relationship with moving. I think it is so sad to leave old friends, but I love finding a new place, discovering new places to go, orgainzing a new home, getting settled. From the pictures you posted before the new place looks like such a fun area! I bet you will love it. A steady paycheck has got to be nice...we have yet to experience that!

Sarie said...

So exciting Kelly! Can't wait to see another picture of the new place!!

Lani said...

Can't wait to see you! We need to plan a day one of these weekends. And if you need help with the big move, please ask, SERIOUSLY! Love you!

Alex and Mitch said...

Your new life sounds soo exciting! I cant wait to come and stay with you this summer!!!