Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Holidays

A wonderful lunch with Melissa and Savy.

Dinner at my house with our family.




Ammon "performing" for us on Christmas Eve.







Ammon and Cohen got a jeep from Santa Claus. The first thing Ammon said when he saw it, "Can I keep it forever?"

We tried to get a picture of all the kids together in their pj's, this is the best we could do.

Mommy Maddy.

Madison and Ammon had a blast riding the jeep around.

The holidays are over. I hate it! We had a great time with our family in Humboldt but missed Kasey and Matt. It rained everyday which left nothing to do except go to the mall. On Christmas Eve we had a Mexican dinner of chimichanga's, rice and beans. After dinner Ammon serenaded us with a few songs as Izzy and Cohen tried to join in. We then read in Luke about the birth of the Savior, sang some Christmas songs and had a white elephant gift exchange. Santa (my dad) gave the kids a phone call and Ammon couldn't wait to get to sleep so that Santa could come bring him his presents. Before he went to bed we left Santa a letter and a plate of food. He was so excited. I'm surprised he was able to fall asleep. Later that night we watched old Christmas videos. They are priceless. My siblings and I used to have a Christmas Eve performance with our cousins. They are hilarious to watch. We would sing songs, attempt to play the piano, and recite poems for all of the adults.

Ammon woke us up around 7 in the morning to open presents. His little heart was beating so fast when he jumped in our bed. The boys ran down stairs and found their stockings and presents waiting for them. We had a wonderful time watching them open presents. I love having kids this age. I will be so sad when they learn the truth about Santa!

I did a horrible job of taking pictures. Poor Jody isn't in a single one and I didn't get one of Rylee in her Christmas dress! I will have to take a makeup one.

I was sad to see Lindsey and her family leave today. I loved having her around for three whole weeks. Izzy and Cohen became best friends. Ammon stayed the week with my parents. Even though he's the easiest of the three kids I feel like we are on vacation with just the two.

Hope you all had wonderful Holidays! New Year's resolution numero uno: do better at updating my blog.

9 comments:

Aubree said...

Sounds like you had such a great time. You take really cute pictures! When will you see Lindsey again?

Debbi said...

What fun pictures of all those girls (the top ones!) I bet you are so happy to have your little Rylee in the bunch too! I think it sounds like you had a great holiday! We stayed at home and traveled after and ended up driving and I totally thought of you when I drove through Iowa City! I love your new blog look!

Sarie said...

I love all the pictures and jealous that you guys all got to be together. I really miss humboldt, even w all the rain!!

Unknown said...

I am so sad for you that Lindsey is gone! :( I love reading about Ammon-- "Can I keep it forever?!" He is SO great! When can I see you again?

Pam said...

I need copies of those pictures!! They are so cute. We are enjoying "our boy" this week-he is a riot. Loved having the family around for the holidays! Love you, miss you.

Lindsey said...

Miss you already! Christmas was so much fun. The pics are great!! Santa calling the kids was one of my highlights...so so so cute.

Heidi said...

I think you still got some great shots! Wish you had video of Ammon entertaining you all on Christmas Eve...

Kalie said...

Such great pictures!! It was so nice to see you guys - it always goes by so fast. Madison really had a lot of fun with Ammon (fights and all) :)

Janelle said...

I love that picture of Rylee Smiling, she is so cute!