Monday, December 17, 2007

Busy

This last week flew by. Lindsey arrived Tuesday afternoon and we haven't relaxed for more than a few hours since she came. Wednesday we went shopping to the usual, Target and Old Navy. I have decided that Old Navy has the best clothes for children. Their girls clothes are inexpensive and adorable. That evening I got a babysitter and we headed out for an evening alone (Jody had a dinner program for work). It was so nice to be out with no kids.

Thursday we drove to Oakland to pick Kasey and Sienna up from the airport. Then we met our good friend Melissa and her adorable baby girl Savannah for lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. It was so much fun to sit and chat with her. I love good friends that are always comfortable to be around. I felt like we picked up right where we left off even though we hadn't seen her for a few years. It's just so nice to spend time with someone who really knows you.

Friday I spent the morning running around trying to get Xmas gifts for Ammon's teachers. Thankfully Kasey came to my rescue by copy the Xmas CD she had made for her kids teachers.

After lunch we the loaded the kids in the car and went to the mall for 3 hours! It was crazy but so much fun to spend time together. That night Jody and my dad graciously watched all five children so that us girls could go out together. We had such a wonderful evening full of laughter.

On Saturday Lindsey and I drove to Sacramento to see her good friends she met while attending BYU study abroad in London. It was funny because I felt like I already knew Heidi and Jen from reading their blogs. I feel like they are my friends too! It was nice to finally meet them in person.

After lunch we drove to Vacaville to see my Aunt, Uncle, Grandparents and cousins. My parents drove back to Windsor with 4 of the 5 kids while us younger adults went out to dinner. I wish we all lived closer to each other because it was such a wonderful evening. We have always been super close with our cousins, Jami and Lani.

Sunday afternoon all of our family from Vacaville came to my house for dinner. It has been a wonderful week full of visiting with some of our closest friends and family. I feel so very blessed to have these precious people in my life. I am lucky to have fabulous people to share this holiday season with.

Pictures soon to follow. I'm too lazy to upload them at the moment.

5 comments:

Aubree said...

What a fun week! IT made me even more excited to see my family next week. I wish I could have seen you guys when you were in Sacramento!

Anonymous said...

Wow it sounds like you've been busy. Well I am excited for you guys to come up here. See you soon! Janelle

melis said...

It was wonderful seing my Iorg girls again! We have GOT to get together more often, I miss you all so much already!

Kasey said...

I miss you guys!! It was so much fun seeing you again.

Heidi said...

It was great to meet you Kelly and I agree I didn't even feel like I was meeting you I felt like I already knew you (from blogs and from living with Linds). Hope you had a Merry Christmas!