Jody got me a membership to the gym a few days ago and yesterday was my first day back. I haven't worked out for at least a year and a half and even then it was hit and miss. I miss my old McKinleyville HealthSport. It was free, because I was still on my parents family pass and it was small but perfect for what I wanted to do and I didn't have to battle a few hundred people to get a turn on the treadmill. I actually went to try the gym out on Tuesday night but after ten minutes of trying to find a parking spot (no I was not being my usual, have to find the closest parking spot, self) , then waiting 5 minutes to check in only to find that I needed my driver's license to "protect my membership", I decided to just look around get myself acquainted and head to a Young Women's activity.
Yesterday was my first day back. It brought back so many memories of going to Gold's Gym in Provo. I hate how they cram as many cardio machines as possible into one room and of course the treadmills are at the front. So as I manage to barely run through 15 minutes of cardio everyone behind me is seeing my saggy butt that is jiggling all over the place! It's horrible to feel your legs and butt shake with each movement knowing that other's can see it. Meanwhile Martha Stewart was on the television baking some delicious oatmeal cookies. Isn't that just wrong to watch at the gym? I wish I had a workout partner.
The experience wasn't all bad. I enjoyed getting out without kids and feeling like I'm doing something for myself that will make me feel better in the long run.
Jody is still going strong on his diet. But he is having major cravings especially for chicken alfredo pizza, cheese and bread. He's already lost ten very visible pounds and looks great but he wants to loss ten more!
I keep forgetting to tell this hilarious story about Jody. A few weeks ago he was leaving a doctor's office and couldn't find his keys. He finally went out to his car to find that he had left them in the car with it running! Who does that? He had been in the office for 45 minutes! He must get it from his mom who was parking her car in her driveway the other day and sporadically pushed the gas pedal sending her minivan into a tree. Just teasing you Cindy. I'm just glad no one was hurt.
16 comments:
O man I am so craving the gym but am waiting until after baby to get a new membership. I am not much for running but love going to classes.
Oh and your comment on my blog- I would not recommend painting a crib! It was a big hassle. I mean I am glad I did it but don't know if I could talk myself into again. The dresser on the other hand was a breeze and if you can find something used for cheap (that is still sturdy) I would for sure recommend re-doing/painting that for Rylee's room. Plus you can get new hardware for it to also update it. It's fun.
I love the gym! I bet it felt good to be back! I usually take classes but ran today and felt the jiggle as well. But I have a hard time believing you jiggle too much! :)
Congrats on your return to the gym! I'm just more than a little bit jealous. I'd be your gym partner anyday!
And I am dying over Jody leaving his car running. A friend of mine did that while she went to the mall (so it was hours) and thought the same as you...who does that? Oh, and poor Cindy. Glad she was okay!
That's funny about Jody. I remember my sister did that once and I thought the same thing... until I did it at the gas station on my way out of town! Sooo embarrassing! :)
I need to get to the gym - maybe one of these days I can peel MY jiggly butt off the couch and go! Hmmm, doubt it!
I wish I could be your gym partner! I so remember the gold's day and chugging along on those blasted treadmills...ugh. I definitely vote for you finding a class (and not power pump with Jesse). You should try yoga! It is the best for nighttime workouts (I think).
Well, we are thankfully alive and there was no blood. But the air bag gave my hand a mean bruise and burn. We were really sore, especially Margaret. But I am fine now and she is much better. May have killed the car though.
And I am truly concerned about my mind. Oh, and by the way, Larry left his car running one time, but as we were walking away I heard the motor running.G.Cindy
Hey Kelly hope you had a good Christmas!Isnt it funny the my mom has not blogged in FOREVER well she blogged a week ago but before that it had been like a month well i LOVE how you said "your alive" at the beging of the comment thats SO funny well Love ya
Megan
way to go! I'm starting a work out date with my neighbor next week, hopeing that by meeting someone I will get my bum out of bed and go!
you BETTER get your lazy A** to the gym!!
Something tells me the comment from pdiddy may be from the stalker guy who lives in Washington!! Wish I had a gym partner too. I start back tomorrow... Am thinking about buying something called a Gazelle that is a glider I could do at home. A patient was raving about hers.
That is a great story about Jody leaving the car on...and Kelly...you are so tiny..you don't need to worry about your butt giggling!!
SO I can't believe Jody and his diet! He does not need to loss ten more pounds! and the car thing, wow...does he know you posted that? ;) haha. Working out is so much easier when you have a partner, I totally agree.
You are hilarious Kelly. You don't need to work out, but I hope you have fun doing it. I would totally go to the gym w you.. I need to be somewhat in shape so I lose more weight after the baby's born...
The gym was so much more fun going with you and returning to eat a fresh baked batch of brownies... How stupid was I?! Cant wait to see you tomorrow!
I can relate to the butt jiggle! I semi-jogged the other day and isn't that a lovely feeling? I don't know how Jody is doing that diet...it sounds awful! Hope you're enjoying the mini. It looks cute.
Kelli,
I totally understand about the gym...I just got a pass at the dreaded Gold's Gym...and in Provo nun the less. I have just started going at the beginning of the year. But luckily I go at the odd times so I am not having people stare at my but jiggling....I hate that...Miss you
Post a Comment