I'm becoming a cupcake snob. I had some delicious cupcakes at this bakery in Emeryville during the holidays (next time I go I want to try the pink velvet with cream cheese frosting). I couldn't get them off of my mind. So I searched and searched for a similar recipe and think I found one! It is from Billy's Bakery in NYC. The key ingredient is Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla. You can find it at Williams-Sonoma or Sur La Table. It's pricey but totally worth it. Sometimes I am amazed at how much I can spend on food. I've only made them one time because I can't think of a reason to make them again and don't want to eat 30 cupcakes alone. Thank goodness Valentine's Day is just around the corner!
I am having a baby shower for a friend at the end of February. Any cute ideas out there?
10 comments:
Kelly,
I am defiantly going to try this recipe...Cupcakes are my favorite thing.....that and white cake...I am glad someone else shares my obsession. As for ideas about the shower...I will keep thinking and get back to you.
I am so trying these! Do you think that Cost Plus would have that vanilla. They always have random things.
Good luck with the shower! I will try and think of some ideas for you!
Oh my goodness! I have made those cupcakes, but I used basic vanilla from the grocery store (didn't have the other stuff).
Check out martha stewart for shower ideas...she always has cute stuff!
I am totally shocked at how much I can spend on food too. I love trying new recipes but I always buy random ingredients that I will probably never use again.
I know...next time you make them, you can send me some so you won't have to eat all 30! YUMMY! I loved the cupcakes we had in Emeryville. They were awesome.
those cupcakes sound delish!
I cant wait to try the cupcakes! Thank you for sharing the coveted recipie!
yum! You are such a good cook - I remember when I lived in courtland ridge you would spend so much time making yourself a great dinner and it always amazed me what you came up with! My friend Erica posted about fun cupcake holders today - you should look for those!
I love the diaper cake as a centerpiece for baby showers - good luck!
I had a cupcake tree for my sisters shower, it was really cute. They have ducky molds at Michales and the frosting was blue so it looked like the ducks were swimming in water. I have picts if your interested.
I just heard of a cute idea for a baby shower (maybe you already know this)- but all the guests are given an envelope when they arrive to address to themselves. Then the envelopes are put into a bowl for a raffle to win the centerpiece of flowers or some other gift (bag of pink or blue M&M's, etc). After that, the person that the shower was for gets to take home all the envelopes to use for thank you cards- already addressed!
Post a Comment