Tuesday, May 15, 2007

dilemma

Since we are finally here in Santa Rosa and will be moving into a rental home soon it's about time we got some decent furniture. Jody and I have spent the last two evenings driving to different furniture stores in pursuit of the perfect combo of love seat and sofa or sectional. At first I was going for an upholstered piece but now I am leaning more towards leather, because I don't want my kids to ruin our new stuff. Jody is a little more traditional and I like the modern/sleek look (think square, simple lines, no rounded or puffy pillows). And we are going between black or dark brown leather. Ultimately we all know that I will get the final say but I want him to be happy with it too. Last weekend we went to a really cool store that Carrie, the only person I know here, told us about. Cokas Diko has two regular stores and one outlet store. I took my mom to the outlet store Saturday and Jody found us the perfect table. Seats 6 but a leaf comes out of the center to seat 8 for only $380! Bargain. I love bargains and rarely buy anything full price. We are going between couches at Levitz, Ashley, and Jennifer Convertibles. I really love the couches I found at Jennifer but couldn't pull pictures up on the site. Below are a few we are considering. Please give me feedback and any advice. I am a person who loves second opinions, especially on big purchases!


1. I think this is my favorite so far. The one I really liked at Jennifer Convertibles was similar to this style but black.

2. Pillows may be a little to puffy.


3. This is Jody's favorite. But I think it may not be sleek enough for me. I also am leaning more towards brown and I think he's leaning towards black. Thankfully my mom is coming again this weekend I hope we have time to show her the couches and make a final decision.

12 comments:

Aubree said...

I am a fan of #1. How fun to look for new furniture! Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

I am in the same dilemna right now Kelly. We bought new furniture three years ago but Travis wants a sectional with a hide-a-bed in it. Those are incredibly hard to find. I like the sectional you picked out. Microfiber is very very easy to clean. Good Luck and enjoy your new purchases.

Kasey said...

How fun! I would definitely go with the dark brown leather. I also like the first picture. Very cute! Let us know what you decide.

Kasey said...

Oh, and Jody, I hate to say this. But I'm just not diggin' the one you like!

Lindsey said...

I'd go with the first one too...although I do like the shape of number two, I think I'd go with number one. I'm with Kasey,I don't like Jody's pick. Sorry Jody!

Debbi said...

I like the dark brown number 1 - we are totally buying leather when we graduate from school - I am soo sick of cleaning stuff up on our couches now! Good luck deciding!

Jami said...

i like the first one, too...and dark brown. good luck. if you need help call Lani-she knows some good stores in the city.

kh said...

How fun! New location, new home, new baby on the way, and now new furniture! LUCKY DUCK!

Humm, I am so not a good decision maker. I do love brown leather sofa's and puffy pillows to accent. I love that you get to do this! Can't wait to see what you choose!

Stephanie said...

I say go with brown instead of black. And Cokas Diko is amazing, I can't believe you found a table for that price!!

Heidi said...

I vote for photo number one for sure!!

Anonymous said...

I like the first one! So funny, I actually just picked out and purchased a dark brown leather sectional today! It was my mother's day gift, (it is just wrong to have a couch older than you are).
I will get you the recipe, but I need to get your address to send you something for Rylee. So, when you get a chance please e-mail me your new info.

Sarie said...

Ya I like number one, too. Dark brown is just a warmer look than pure black. How exciting! Thanks for letting us go shopping with you :)