Thursday, May 10, 2007

back tracking

I am going back a few weeks to post some pictures and events that took place before we left Humboldt County.

This is Ammon's teacher Ali. On the last day of school I went on a field trip with the class and then watched as Ammon said goodbye to his teachers and friends. It took everything I had in me not to tear up. Even his teacher got emotional because he was leaving. He LOVED school this year and still talks about wanting to go back. I hope I can find something good here. On Sunday we found out that a lady in our ward teaches at a preschool in Windsor so we are going to an open house tonight.

On the second to last day of preschool I got to go to Ammon's school for his "almost birthday" and tell his class somethings about him (his birthday is in the summer). When I started talking about him he turned around and looked at me with the proudest look on his face, it made me get emotional. He is the sweetest kid. The cape he is wearing belongs to the school, enough said.

Before I left I went out to dinner with some of my best friends from high school. We get together every once in a while to gossip and catch up.
Last but not least. My friends, Tasha and Tammy, threw me a baby shower. I got some adorable clothes. It is going to be so much fun dressing a little girl.


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

You look so cute! I have that shirt from Ann Taylor too (courtesy of mom). Ammon looks adorable with that grin. It's funny how sometimes you just get filled with emotion when you look at your kids or they do something special. I love Ammy and Cohen! Can't wait to see Rylee.

kh said...

You made me almost cry. It's hard to realize your kids are growing up, it will be a sad (overly emotional, crying like a baby) day when my son takes his first step into Kindergarten, I'm not looking forward to that day at all.

You will love dressing a little girl... and doing their hair and painting their toes and hearing their dramas and seeing them smile and hoping they don't like boys till they are 21 and never wanting them to move out and wanting them to live with you forever and having a built-in best friend... I simply can't wait for you.

Kasey said...

I have that shirt too! In fact, mom was here when she bought them for everyone. They're so cute. I also have the tank top you got in the last picture. Well, Sienna has it. Is it from mom? Hers was. I love it!
How sad for Ammon to say goodbye. But I'm sure he'll love school in Santa Rosa just as much. Love the rainbow cape!

Pam said...

Can't tell you how much we have missed you guys. I want to just drop over to see the boys or call you to hang out all the time. I hate it. It is also nice to come visit and get in the sun though. (I'm trying to look at the bright side of things).