Monday, June 05, 2006

My Blue Eyed "Baby"




My sweet "baby" Cohen is quickly losing his babiness. He is crawling all over and pulling himself up on everything, before we know it he will be walking. He tries to talk to everyone. He says "Da-Da" all the time and finally started saying, "Ma-Ma" last week. He has been an angel. He is the best sleeper. The first night we brought him home he slept for 6 hours. This was a dream compared to Ammon who didn't seem to sleep for the first 6 months of his life. Cohen has slept through the night on and off since about six months, due to teething and being sick. But right now he sleeps from 7:30 to 6:00 every night. At 6:00 a.m. I nurse him and usually he will go back to bed until about 7:30. He also takes two long naps during the day and when he isn't sleeping he is pretty happy. He likes to crawl around and get into everything or sit in his high chair and munch on food. I had to put the gate up in front of the stairs a few weeks ago because he was starting to crawl up them. He is so easy to get to smile and laugh.

When Ammon was born I couldn't wait for him to get bigger so that I could play with him. But with Cohen I have tried to enjoy each new age because now I realize how quickly they do grow. I am already baby hungry again! But don't worry people I won't be having more until we have a house. Being a mother, though very demanding, is like nothing else. I never realized I could love a little face so much. I know that they must get so sick of me kissing them all the time. The best name in the world is, "Mommy." Last night I wasn't feeling well so Ammon laid by me and rubbed my back for about 15 minutes. It was the sweetest thing. 15 minutes is a long time for a 2 year old. Yes I have given up a lot to be a mom. I can't go to the bathroom in privacy, plan my day around naps, change poopy diapers all day, can't eat in peace and can't go anywhere without strapping two kids into car seats, just to name a few. But I wouldn't want my life to be any different. People say that being a mom is the hardest job but it is honestly the most rewarding job in the world.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Cohen is so sweet. He is looking so much older and like Ammon to me. I hope Izzy takes after his sleeping habits. She has been good so far...

You are such a wonderful mom, Kel! (you too Kasey!)

Lindsey said...

p.s. Love the pics. He is adorable!

Sarie said...

Um, that stuff you said at the end is so true. It almost made me get teary.. sniff sniff. Moms are great. Aren't we? :)

The White Way said...

He is so cute!!! I can't believe how blue is eyes are and i see him almost everyday.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures of little Cohen. He is SO cute and I can't believe how much older looking he is all of a sudden. Maybe I just haven't seen a picture of him in a while. He looks a lot like Ammon now, I think.

Love you! I agree with Linds, you are a WONDERFUL mom!

Anonymous said...

I love this site!!! I can keep up to date on you all!! Since I never get to talk to you.
Your family is so sweet.
Christi
Smiths Grove KY
CThomas@lifeskills.com