

As most of you know Jody and I have lived in an apartment our whole marriage. I don't know if this is normal but I am really getting antsy to have my own home. Mostly I just want a washer and dryer of my own, a garage to store things in and a backyard for my kids to play in. Okay I lied. I actually want, at least, one more bedroom and walls that are my own so that I can paint! About a year ago we bought some land in Fortuna which is 35 minutes from McKinleyville. First we had planned to build a home for us on it. Then we decided that we didn't want to live that far from my parents plus if we were to stay on the North Coast we would only want to live North of Eureka. So then we decided to build a home on the land and sell it. Well to give you the short story we decided to just sell the land. We currently have a few couples who seem to be pretty interested in it.
The price of homes in California is ridiculous. So Jody and I have decided that we will probably move out of California before we buy a home. We could scrape buy and purchase a 1400 sq. foot 3/2 home for $360,000 or wait and buy a nice home somewhere else, where it is cheaper to live. I am blown away at the price of homes in other places. Jody and I looked at homes last month when we went to Georgia. I love craftsman style homes and we found a few new subdivisions where they are building this style. I like both homes above but wouldn't choose those colors for the one on the bottom. These were both 2700 sq. foot homes with 4 bedrooms, dining room, living and family rooms, granite, hardwood floors, and many more details. Plus they were on 1 acre parcels. Well these homes were priced around $320,000! To me that is a bargain. I love looking at homes and hope to purchase our own soon!
4 comments:
I love those homes! I'm sold. We'll move to Georgia if you do!! Someday...honestly, when I tell Alan the prices/sizes he will be lured.
Your kids are too cute! Ammon sounds hysterical! Your mom was telling us all his stories at Whit's wedding. I agree the house prices are out of control. It makes me sick what we paid for our "starter" house.
Tyler and Aubree
Those houses are pretty nice...I especially like the top one. Won't it be nice to finally have a house of your own! I'm so excited to be done with dental school and afford one of those! However, ours will probably be quite a bit more since it'll most likely be Denver, not Georgia. And I hope yours will be in Denver right beside us!!! I'm sure however expensive they are, they are still much, much cheaper than California.
Oh those are gorgeous. The top one is so beautiful. 1 acre????? I'm movin' to Georgia! Jake and i are building.. hm.. we've been married 5 years, so this is our first one and we are SO excited. The longer it takes, the more you appreciate it, right? (or at least that's what I tell myself).
Post a Comment