




Of course "the lake" is our beloved Trinity Lake. Even though a lot of you probably haven't been there you should have heard about it by now from me or a family member. Every summer since I can remember we have spent about 3/4's of our summers at the lake. When my siblings and I were very young we used to camp at a place called Tannery. This was true camping because the bathrooms only had toilets and sinks in them and we cooked outside and all slept in tents. My mom would take all five of her kids to "the lake" with a few other friends of hers and there would be 15-20 kids. The husbands would go up on the weekends. My mom was SO desperate for sun and heat that she would camp out with 20 kids 4 adults and no husbands. CRAZY! I remember people seeing us all together and asking my mom, "Are you running a summer camp?" It was crazy but one of the highlights of my childhood.
Later the Jones family decided to move camp to Pinewood Cove. Well Pinewood Cove is a luxurious place compared to Tannery. They have a swimming pool, dock, little store, hookups for trailers, a park, pavilion (for movies and games at night), and most importantly SHOWERS! Well gradually we all started going to Pinewood Cove and have now been camping there for about 12 years. When I was young I would go to the lake with the Jones family for a week and then my parents would come the next week and I would stay with them. Basically Tasha Jones and I would stay the whole summer at the lake between both of our families. We had a great life.
Now my parents have a trailer they leave at the lake all year round. Last weekend we got everything set up for this summer. We got the boat in the water, the tent up and the trailer dewinterized. My mom works part time at the hospital so we will go up Wednesday or Thursday and my dad and Jody will drive up on Friday. We live for the lake and many of my childhood memories involve experiences I've had there. It has provided summer romances, beautiful tans (hopefully not skin cancer) and a retreat from the North Coast fog. It truly is the best lake in the world.
The pictures above are of Ammon who had asked his grandpa if he could get into the boat. He obviously didn't listen. Before we knew it he was diving head first into the boat! Later we looked over to see him trying to ski down the hill. Needless to say he loves the lake.
3 comments:
So awesome to have such memories with your family! Crazy that we're all starting a new generation of kids that will have their own memories.
Ahhh! I love lake memories. Best times. SO happy you can carry on the tradition with your fam! Hopefully, we will get Izzy there this summer too.
Um, how much do I love those pics of Ammon? Very. Very. Much. He is such a character!! Pure entertainment.
So glad these pictures are on your blog-what a funny day! Ammon is hilarious at the lake, always talking about HIS boat, HIS trailer and HIS dog!! He and Cohen are the cutest and funniest little boys!!
Post a Comment