Monday, June 19, 2006

A Brief History

20 years ago I was...........
1. 6 years old, going to Trinity Lake
2. Finishing 1st grade at Dow's Prairie Elementary school
3. Playing T-Ball with Tasha Jones

10 Years ago
1. I got my drivers license! (driving my moms mini van)
2. Was attending McKinleyville High School, going to early morning seminary at my house, playing volleyball, basketball and softball.
3. Wasting my time with a stupid boyfriend.

5 Years ago
1. Living in King Henry Apartments in Provo, UT (where I met my hubby)
2. Having one of the best times of my life
3. Working at Budget Rental Cars and Ruby River Steakhouse.
4. Saving for a trip to Europe with mom, Lindsey and Grandparents
5. Stalking Melissa's (old roommate) crushes, making midnight trips to Walmart, and eating brownies a few hours later.

3 Years ago
1. Attending HSU
2. Living in Chicago while Jody sold Alarm systems.
3. Waiting to give birth to Ammon (who will be 3 on Friday)
4. Walking all over Chicago with my mom, throwing up after drinking Castor Oil, and doing other things ( I won't mention) to try to go into labor.

1 Year ago
1. Swimming in the water and laying on the beaches in Hawaii with yet another big belly.
2. Graduating from HSU in Elementary Education
3. Getting Ammon to sleep in his big boy bed.
4. Buying land in Fortuna
5. Waiting for Lindsey's wedding in Arizona which was a month before I was due with Cohen and the temperature just happened to be 117*.

So Far This Year I........
really haven't done anything too exciting.
1. Went to Yosemite for the first time. (thanks to Lani)
2. Went to San Francisco with my mom and boys for a few days
3. Went to Georgia to visit my husband's family
4. Bought a new car.

Yesterday I....
1. had a garage sell with Tasha
2. took Ammon to two birthday parties
3. went to a baptism
4. went to stake conference
5. watched Glory Road
6. made cabbage soup for Jody who wants to lose 10 lbs. (and has)

Today
1. I have cleaned my apartment
2. Given Cohen a nap
3. changed two poopy diapers
4. plan to organize Ammon's birthday party
5. will go outside and enjoy the beautiful day
6. Find my cell phone (hence the reason I haven't called you back Kasey!)

Tomorrow I will
1. I will go to Eureka to Winco (cheap grocery store)
2. hopefully work out
3. get ready to go to the lake on Thursday

In the next year I shall....
1. go see Lindsey in London
2. see Cohen walk
3. start Ammon in preschool
4. Get a house
5. Be Happy!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

If you are coming to Winco tomorrow, can you come over before or after??? And can I steal you post, I LOVE it!

Sarie said...

Ha ha ha I drank castor oil too, to go into labor with Grace. Of course it didn't work and it was the nastiest stuff on earth. A friend had told me to mix it with ice cream! To this day I still can't eat cookie dough ice cream with out remembering that disgusting taste. Love all the info!

Kelly said...

Glory Road is a movie about the first black men to play NCAA basketball. It was good. Josh Lucas from Sweet Home Alabama is in it.

Anonymous said...

I watched Glory ROad this weekend too. I thought it was great!

Anonymous said...

Kelly I CANNOT believe your little sister graduated!!!! Man I feel old! Seems like just yesterday we were in our apartment I was worrying over Jason and you were looking for a man!!! NOW LOOK AT US!!!
Christi

Kelly said...

OMG I can't believe you remembered that! I forgot all about it. We did some hilarious things. Remeber the guy we thought was going to kill us in his truck up by the Provo Temple?

p.s. You were so much fun and I am so glad we became friends. W/O you I would have been very lonely that year.

Anonymous said...

Couple of questions for you:
1. Isnt stocking spelt stalking? When I read thats what you and Melissa did I was like, "what.. stocking christmas stockings?" haha.
2. What were you two doing making midnight trips to walmart?