Monday, June 05, 2006

My weekend



















I couldn't wait to watch the "Break Up" after my last post. So Friday night Jody and I put Cohen to bed over at my parents house (Ammon was already staying the night there, a tradition every Friday night) and went to the movie. We stopped at Safeway to get cash and treats. I got a pint of Toffee bar crunch ice cream and some candy. What a good idea to share a pint of ice cream in the movie. The movie was packed and I saw two of Lindsey's friends there. (Stephanie and Danielle, they weren't together) Jody and I both enjoyed the movie. The couple argued over things that all couples argue over. Vince Vaughn is hilarious! Despite the reviews we gave the movie a thumbs up. Our only disappointment was the ending. It wasn't my favorite movie but entertaining and fun to see them on screen together.

On Saturday I went to see Kalie and her kids off at the airport. Her kids are adorable. I hate not living by my nieces and nephews. Then we went to the Azalea Festival parade. Ammon had a blast because he got tons of candy at the parade. When that was over we went to a petting zoo and then got BBQ sandwiches at the park and looked around at all the booths. The weather was beautiful here and we actually got some sun on our faces. It wasn't a super exciting weekend but it was nice to hang out with my family again because my mom has been traveling the last five and a half weeks to be with both my sisters when they had their babies.

Jody will be gone a lot this week. He is taking a a summer school class so that he can graduate in December. It is every day from 8-12. Then he goes to work. After work he'll go out to the triplex. Which is a house he bought with a couple other guys. I will tell more about that later. After the triplex he has to go to traffic school from 5:45 -9 and at 9:00 he has a softball game. It's a good thing I live by my parents so I can go hang out with them instead of being alone all day long. Oh I almost forgot. Ammon is officially potty trained!!! It wasn't even hard to do. I just waited until he was ready and he has been doing great. It makes life much easier and cheaper.

8 comments:

Sarie said...

Awesome Kelly. Glad you liked the movie. Good to hear new news. I miss Humboldt a lot sometimes. Soak up the ocean air for me!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Ammon...and you too! There's no better feeling than getting a kid potty trained. Okay, I can think of a few (hee-hee), but it's at least up there on the list. Love the pictures too!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! The pictures are SO cute! How blessed we are to have such a sweet daughter-in-law. Kiss the boys for me.

Lindsey said...

I spy Luz Milas in the background!! I would love some good mexican food these days. So hard to come by in London.

Good Job Ammo!

Can't wait to see the breakup. Good for Jen!

Lindsey said...

Who went to Hometown Barfet?

Kelly said...

No one went to Hometown Barfet. They gave kids those bags at the parade to put their candy in. They got a coupon to eat there free in the bag but that is one coupon I've already thrown in the trash!

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»