


My little sister Alex just graduated from high school last weekend. When Jody and I first moved to McKinleyville she was 14, with braces and just starting high school. She has changed a lot since then. Sometimes I can't believe that she will be leaving us. She is going to UVSC in Provo Utah. I will miss going to her volleyball and basketball games but even more I will miss having someone to go to Eureka with, share clothes with and to call when I need a quick babysitter. She has been such a good girl and a wonderful example to the rest of our family.
I was looking at pictures the other day and can't believe how much we look a like. Many people have mistaken us for each other. When I was in college I would often come home for the summers. One summer day it was sunny outside and I didn't have to work so I decided to take a bike ride down to Safeway. I was riding back up the hill to our house when a little 6th grade boy, who was Alex's age, said, "Hi Alex!" I about died. Here I was 19 years old and Alex was 11!!! I mean seriously I must have looked really young or the boy desperately needed glasses. One time Jody thought she was me from behind and put his arm around her. That could have been the most physical contact she has ever had with a boy! J/K (go Alex! or should I say Jody?)
I will miss Alex terribly but I know that she is getting ready to have the best time of her life.
8 comments:
I can't believe Al is all grown up (sorta!). She has always been my 12 year old sister, even while she is 18 and at times more mature than me! I hope she doesn't go off and marry someone super early. I don't think she will though, she's a smart girl! I hope she talks to us and tells us everything in her life away from home. She needs to start a blog for all of us to read while she in college.
Funny she is living where we used to live!! Viva King Henry!
Wow! I never really thought you and Alex looked so much alike until I saw that picture of you guys together. You look almost identical! That story about the 6th grader calling you Alex is seriously hilarious!!!
Awesome.. I swear everyone in the family (mine and yours) grew up so much and so fast after I moved away...
Gideon's living in King Henry, too, he says he likes it. Provo is a fun place.
Oh and I love the picture of you, Jody and the boys! You look too young to be a mom!
Alex is such a cute girl! And such a nice one! It was fun talking with her at Whit's wedding! You guys are both so pretty!
Wow i can't believe how much you two look alike. I'm so glad that jared and her are going back to Utah together. they will have so much fun. I still can't believe that they are old enough to graduate. I still think of them as little 3 year old and us making them go into the closet to kiss!
I get so excited every time I see a new entry on your blog. I love hearing what you guys have been up to and of course seeing pictures of those beautiful babies. Keep'em coming!
You guys look like twins in that picture! I can't believe she is off to college... I just had some family videos turned into dvd (had no idea what was on them) and there is a christmas video with Alex opening up her presents and I swear I will always remember her at that age, cutest little girl ever! (Not that you aren't a beautiful woman now, alex if you are reading this!!)
Can't wait to see you guys in July... you are coming aren't you??
love ya,
Lani
Love the pictures of my beautiful "twins"!! I will miss Alex tons but it eases the blow that you will still be here! PLEASE don't ever leave me!!!!
Post a Comment