Thursday, March 06, 2008

this and that

Ammon is sick again. Strep throat. I caught it quickly so he's already on antibiotics.

I have some new friends! I met a girl at the park yesterday and she introduced me to some other young mothers in the neighborhood. They each have two kids and stay at home. It's difficult to find SAHM's around here because it's so expensive to live here that both spouses have to work. I'm really excited to have some friends. Ammon started playing indoor soccer with some of their kids on Wednesday and he loved it.

I got a new haircut a few days ago. I brought the lady a picture of what I wanted and came out with more of a mommy bob. I was looking for a dramatic a-line. It's so frustrating to come out with something different then you planned! Especially when you are paying an arm and a leg. Oh well like my mom says,"the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is two weeks."


Wow this top picture of me is hideous! Doesn't my hair look a little uneven?

I love to cook. I love to eat. But I hate trying to figure out what to make. If somebody could just tell me what to cook every night it would be so much easier. So I'm thinking about starting a a new blog. I haven't figured out all of the details nor if I'm fully committed to it yet. But I'm throwing the idea around. Basically any of you who would like to be involved would notify me. Hopefully we would get a decent amount of contributors. Each week a different person would list what they are cooking for 5 days as well as the recipes. It wouldn't have to be anything gourmet. Just quick, easy and yummy dishes. What do you think?

14 comments:

Aubree said...

I think the hair is cute! I wish I could pull off something like that! Maybe when my face thins out...
I would love to be on that blog! I love to cook too but hate thinking of different things to make. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly
I love ur hair its really cute sorry it didnt turn out the way u planned though
Even though i am not a mother but the idea of the cooking blog thing is a FANTASIC idea.
Love ya
Megan

kh said...

Kelly you KNOW I would love to be on the blog. Managing a recipe blog takes work! I am so there!

I think your cut is cute! And I don't think that if I saw you walking down the street, I'd say, "Hey did you see that chic with the 'mommy bob?" It's got a nice a-line flair. You look cute! NOT hideous!

Poor Ammon, I am sorry, but way to go to catch it. I am usually so lazy (or dumb, which ever comes first) about my kids and their illnesses.

Megan said...

Hey Kelly Guess what i have a blog now cheak it out at http://megansue-megan.blogspot.com/

Debbi said...

I would love to visit your blog if you start it! I don't think I have any creative enough ideas though, my meals are blaw most of the time - I have to do meal planning though or else we spend way too much on groceries.

Anonymous said...

Please do so I can get some help in the kitchen!!!! You look cute!!!
Christi
(KY)

Christen said...

You look so cute!! Love it.

That recipe blog sounds great. I feel the same way about cooking...and I feel like I make the same things all the time!

Heidi said...

There is a blog similar to your idea called This Week for Dinner (there is a link from Internecipes). The main girl posts her menu plan for the week and then in the comments anyone else can share their menu plan as well. I get some great ideas from there. I am a firm believer in making a menu plan at the beginning of each week so I am not scrambling when I get home from work each night, plus then I can know in advance everything I need from the grocery and only have to make one trip a week.

Another thing sometimes I occasionally do is give every night a "theme", for example, Sunday is breakfast foods, Monday is Mexican, Tuesday is Italian, Wednesday is American, Thursday is Asian, Friday is out/leftovers- etc. That way it seems easier to think of what to make that night (what recipes do I have for Mexican?), at least for me and keeps me from making the same thing all the time or not having any idea what to make. If it is Mexican night I think of all the recipes I like that are Mexican and pick one! Ha ha okay this was the longest comment ever but just thought I would share some ideas.

Pam said...

I think the hair looks cute too. I was expecting a much shorter bob. It still looks very a-line.

Julie said...

Great idea! I've been feeling the same way about cooking...love to do it, don't know what to do other than what I always do. So let me know what I can do to help!

Sarie said...

I love your haircut, you look so cute! I love the blog here: http://www.simplifysupper.com/

It even has shopping lists that you can send to your cell phone or print out.

Your blog idea is a good idea, I can use some help in the cooking department.

Julie said...

Kelly, your hair looks cute. I got mine cut like that back in Feb. I know a lot of girls going with that cut. It must be popular these days.

Julie said...

Kelly, your hair looks cute. I got mine cut like that back in Feb. I know a lot of girls going with that cut. It must be popular these days.

Jami said...

Cute hair! I love it. and I'm trying to start cooking more so I'm in...I may not necessarily cook 5 nights in a row, but I can post recipes! How cute is Riley in those pictures????