Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Great Day

Thanks for all of your birthday wishes! It's really great having a birthday on a holiday because no one forgets it. And if your birthday happens to fall on a holiday every year St. Patrick's Day is a great one because it's so random.

It was a great day. Jody made me breakfast in the morning. Ammon woke up and started singing me happy birthday. I told him how old I was and he said, "well you don't look old." He knows just how to melt my heart. My mom drove through on her way home from Arizona and we had a nice lunch outside in beautiful weather. Then Jody and I went out for a very good dinner. He gave me a salad spinner (which I actually need) filled with $200 in cash. It was suppose to look like salad and the money was one all five dollar bills. I'm still trying to decide what to buy.

I take birthday's pretty seriously. So when Jody didn't get the kids ready for the day or change two poopy diapers before leaving for work I got a little upset and we got in a little tiff. I figure that for one day I shouldn't have to do those things if he's around. If he's at work that's different. Well I don't know if he ever saw it my way but he did end up bringing me a treat home from work and I got over it.

Besides the fact that it's my birthday I actually enjoy St. Patty's Day. I dressed all of us in green and little leprechaun's were tricking us all day long! One turned the kids mac and cheese green, another made my bed and another one rang the doorbell and left cookies for us. Ammon loved it. He was walking around the house trying to find things they could have done. He asked if they had cleaned up the backyard or put Rylee's dresser in the garage (both things Jody had done the night before not as a leprechaun). It was hilarious! A leprechaun also came to their school and turned their snack food green and brought them treasure. He had a great day.

5 comments:

kh said...

Your husband is awesome for thinking up that great gift! I think I would have died of shock.

I am happy you had a good birthday. I am in favor a week of birthday celebration, being a mom and having only one day doesn't seem to cut it anymore. I Need More!

Love those tricky leprechaun's! What a fun day you had yesterday!

Julie said...

Sounds like you had fun! To answer your question, yes, Matt Durham is Christen's older brother - they're good friends of mine - his wife was my roomy & he was my FHE bro way back when. There's actually a link on their blog for Christen & her hubby Mike. That's funny you were friends with her - I totally remember her!

I love your idea of having leprechauns come - I never thought to do that - very cute!

Debbi said...

what a GREAT gift! I am so glad you had a great day! I love the green mac and cheese!

Jami said...

Happy Birthday, again!!! I love the leprechaun tricks...I'd forgotten all about St. Patty's day, except for corned beef! Love You!

Kasey said...

Glad you had a good birthday! I love Jody's gift...so creative.

That green mac and cheese looks nasty, but glad the boys enjoyed it! I wish the leprechaun would have come to my house and made MY bed!