Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Poor Roo





That's Rylee's nickname. Rylee Roo. Jody has changed it to rooster because of her hair. Well our poor little girl had a horrible weekend. She was fussy and very clingy to me but she still slept all night long. We are leaving for Utah tomorrow so I took her into the doctor this morning if nothing else but for some peace of mind. The doc barely had to look in her ears to see that they were both red and pussy! Plus she has a mild case of pink eye. I am so glad that I took her in. Jody says that I get the star for being a good mommy today.

Our family has had a rough time lately. We've all had different versions of the viruses going around. We had a scare last week when Ammon woke in the middle of the night crying. He said he couldn't walk. He could only get to the bathroom by walking on his tip toes. We kept him up for a while and tried to work with his legs but they didn't get better. Then Jody got on the internet for a couple hours and found some crazy disease that people get that can cause this. I think we were both extra freaked out because a friend from home lost her 4 year old son to cancer last week. Neither of us could sleep. When he woke in the morning Ammon still had trouble walking. Jody took him to the doctor and the doctor told him that he wasn't worried about Ammon having anything seriously wrong with him. He said there was a weird virus going around that caused this sort of thing. Ammon was very sick for a few days with a cold and fever but seems to be doing much better. The scare definitely made me so grateful for my children and family. I realized that really nothing matters in this world but my family. I am so grateful to have my three beautiful, healthy children.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness! How big and gorgeous is Rylee???!! I love her outfit too. She is the cutest thing! She is maybe looking more like Cohen to me, I think.

And what scares you've been having. I didn't know any of this. I am glad Ammon (and others) are okay. I miss you guys! have fun in Utah.

Debbi said...

I am glad you took little Rylee in, I know what you mean about being grateful for healthy children, I always complain about this or that and then find out that friends have things way worse going on then me and I have to count my blessing we only have colds or litte things. have fun on your trip!

Kalie said...

That is so scary about Ammon :( Stuff like that freaks me out. The ear infection thing is Kyle ever time we go to the doctor. I was a little curious as to what it looked like in his ear. The Dr. left out the ear scope last time I was there so I looked in and it was pretty gross. Good luck on your trip to Utah...eat some Cafe Rio for me :)

Anonymous said...

Rylee is just a doll. Hope you are all feeling better. Have a safe and fun trip to Utah.G.Mom Cindy

Julie said...

Man, seeing picts of Rylee makes me want a little girl!!!! I hope we follow in your footsteps and have a girl next!

That's crazy about Ammon - DJ's little boy actually got something weird like that. He had like a flu or something, but not that bad, but the virus got in his joints and he couldn't walk for 4 weeks (he's like 18 months or something). The doc said its usually rare and he only sees this every now and then, but that particular day he saw 4 cases - weird! I hope that's not what Ammon had! Hope you all feel better soon!

Jami said...

Glad everyone is ok...that is scary! Hope Rylee Roo gets better-poor thing. I love rooster! That is so funny. She does look so big!

Missy said...

I've been meaning to comment on your blog too - it's fun to just check in and see how you and your cute kids are doing and your little girl is just darling.

We had terrible viruses all of February (+ morning sickness) so I totally get it. I hope you start getting healthy soon!

PS: Not really going with this post, but where do you find the hair clips and baby legs at Target? I can never find them at mine!