So I'm not losing my mind! I did know him from college (the boy on idol). Kristan called me Friday to find out what I was talking about. Turns out she had DVRed Idol last week but hadn't watched it yet. So I sat on the phone while she forwarded to the part of Brooke White. It was music to my ears (no pun intended) when she said, "Yes that's Dave! You totally know him. " Hurray! We are still working out all the details. But alas, I am not going crazy.
My dad came this weekend. He hadn't seen the kids in a few weeks and my mom was in London. He took us to dinner Friday night and Saturday he watched the boys while I threw a shower for a friend. The boys had so much fun with him! Ammon had a hard time letting him leave today and when he finally was able to get in the truck Ammon started bawling. The poor kid. I asked him what would make him feel better and he said, "A cookie." I didn't have any cookies so I said,"How about cake?" It did the trick. At least until he wakes up from his nap. Which literally he just did! Oh no and he is crying. He is sad because Grandpa is gone.
I stayed up until one in the morning last night watching Gone with the Wind. I had never seen it! It was such a good movie. Now I want to buy the book and the movie. I have heard the last line from Rett dozens of times "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." Now I understand why. Poor Scarlett. She was so beautiful, dramatic and hilarious. I loved it! My favorite line, "Oh great balls of fire."
9 comments:
How did the shower go? I saw Gone with the Wind when I was in elementary school and then I totally loved Scarlett and in fact I remember my mom buying me a paper doll Scarlett with all her dresses. Totally random that I liked it at that age. I have forgotten most if it, I should rent it.
I haven't seen that movie either. Weird, huh? The book is on my list of books to read though. Soon.
Glad you figured out who the guy is and so sad that Ammon is having such a hard time letting dad go home! You are so lucky to have him come visit.
I don't think i've ever seen the movie either, or at least remember it. my friend has some really good books that follow the movie if you want I'll find out the name!
Okay - so lame that I haven't seen the movie OR read the book. I'm going to add the book to my list and then watch the movie. Thanks for the reminder, sis!
Who is Dave? Do I know him? I remember some Dave's in Provo that were your friends. Is it the short dave?
Can't believe Ammon's attachment to Dad! So cute - but so sad!!
We will have to catch up this week...love you!
My daughter gets super emotional too when my mom leaves, I wonder why that is.
I have never seen Gone with the Wind either, I love your comments about it, I should really watch it and find out what all the fuss is about.
I am sad you aren't going crazy, I am, and was anxious to induct you into my elite group of mommies with no minds. JK! I still to this day would LOVE to watch Gen Conf and see someone in the choir that I know! Maybe if I lived in UT... but on Idol, what are the chances! That's awesome!
Okay... I havn't been able to get online these last few days...now I have to get to my neighbors who does have DVR and watch it.... what Dave is it? I remember two from college that I can think of off the top of my head.
Gone with the Wind is one of my favorite books and movies. It is amazing-we have the movie, surprised none of my girls have seen it! I may have to see it again now.
Anxious to see you guys this weekend!!
Wow, I finally got caught up on your blog! Love the crawling video and all your posts. What can I say, you have the cutest family. We'll have to get together soon...maybe next month. Our bathroom redo is on the books for now!
Maybe it is a southern thing but geez, I've seen Gone With the Wind like 10 times. I read the book when I was about 14. It comes on TV several tims a year here.
Poor Ammon, he has such a ten
der little heart, huh?
Post a Comment