What we've been up to:
Drove to Oakland Temple last Saturday and met my dear friend Melissa and her family for lunch. They came to our house Wednesday night for dinner. I love seeing her. I told her that I feel like we are "real" friends again. Not that we haven't always been friends but now we are actually talking and seeing each other regularly. Love her!
Started watching my friends two kids three times a week. Actually went really well.
Went to McKinleyville for the weekend to spend it with some of my two favorite people Granny and Gramps or as Ammon likes to call them, Granny Goose and Grandpa Chuck.
Met an Apostle. Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. What an amazing experience. A true Apostle of the Lord. Ammon wanted to meet "the guy in the blue tie." My dad introduced them and he bent down to Ammon's level and had a cute conversation with Ammon. SO cool.
Taking the kids to the fish hatchery. Cohen calls it the fish factory. Then Gram and I drove back home on West End Road reminiscing of the old days. Like riding our bikes from Rona's house to Gram's and then sneaking in and scaring her and Gramps. We drove by their old house and I didn't even recognize it. It looked horrible and made me so sad. I had the best childhood and so many of those memories were in that home.
And of course just being back in my parents home and enjoying the weekend with them.
I'll post pics when I get home tonight.
11 comments:
Fun stuff! And you worried you would be bored by lack of things going on when I left. Whatev, sister! I'm glad you and Melis and doing more together - that is so fun (and I'm jealous). Cool about Elder Uchtdorf. He is handsome, I think.
I didn't know you drove up again! You are a traveler, girl. I got really happy when you said you're coming again. Can't wait to see you guys! Hopefully I'll have even more done on this little house of mine...
I love your little updates, Kelly. Wish we lived closer.
That's so cool you got to meet an Apostle and he talked to Ammon! What fun! When I worked at the ZCMI center in SLC they would come in all the time and it was so strange to see them in real life. They are all amazing men.
Your updates are great - are you watching those kids for good now? I bet that is busy but I always think I get more done the more kids are at my house - they seem to always entertain more of each other.
Kelly,
That is so neat that you meet Uchtdorf...I really like him.
So cool about the apostle. Toni said your kids are so cute! Sounds like it was a fun weekend!
P.S. This is Aubree, I am on Tyler;s computer
Lucky you! Can't wait to see pics. Sounds like a great trip down memory lane! I would love to have been with you.
Oh, sigh, how I love talking about the good old days! We had so much fun with your guys last week! Thank you for the delish dinner-- Lets name the pasta something crazy and make it everyday... sound familiar?
Loved having you home!
Oh Melissa, you crack me up! I was actually planning meals to make this week and was wondering if anyone still makes Aloha Chicken Pasta. I haven't in years!
That is amazing that you met an Apostle... that is so awesome that he talked to Ammon! Lucky you..getting to go home all the time...that's sad about your grandmas house.
Post a Comment