
My mom was so great to have around. Not only is she great company but she helps out a lot. She helped me finally decorate Rylee's room and our downstairs bathroom. I also got to go out one afternoon and run errands with no kids. It was heavenly. She helped clean, cook, bath and watch the kids all week. I hope we didn't take advantage of her kindness or send her home too exhausted.
Yesterday we went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. My mom and I got to go on some rides while Jody took the kids to the killer whale show. Jody had an interesting Fear Factor type of experience which I will expand on later. After a full day at the park my mom took the kids home and we got to stay a few more hours to go on rides and walk through a few haunted houses. It was such a great week. Poor Ammon was very upset when Grandma left today. His teacher always brings him to me in Relief Society and right when he saw me he said, "where is Grandma?" I told him that she went home and he burst into tears. I almost started crying for him. My mom dropped him off at primary today and told him goodbye but when he sat down he started crying and his teacher mistakenly told him that he would see his Grandma when church was over. He has cried at least three more times since then. He has such a hard time when he leaves his grandparents or they leave him. I love that he is such a tender hearted boy.
I am excited for Halloween. We will carve pumpkins tomorrow night. Go to two parties on Tuesday and then Ammon's class party and trick or treat on Wednesday. I finally got a calling in our new ward. I am going to be the Mia Maid teacher! I am so excited to be in Young Women's!
The kids are doing great. Ammon has learned to clean his own room and is very proud of his achievement. When he is finished he makes us all close our eyes until we are in his room and then he yells "surprise!" He was very entertaining this week. Singing and dancing everywhere we went. Cohen has learned how to climb up the cabinets to get on the counter top and then get into cupboards that he is not suppose to and eat whatever he wants. It's horrible. He is also into coloring on everything. Rylee was a little fussy last weekend at my parents and I was worried that her temperament was changing but by the time we got home she was back to her old self. She had a hard time with the shots and wasn't feeling well. I am trying to get up the courage to take her out of the car seat and put her in the crib at night. I just hope she keeps sleeping through the night. Right now she sleeps from 9 to 6 or 7 and I DON'T want that to change.
Happy Halloween!
12 comments:
You will love YW, I just got released and was sooo sad. It was one of my favorite callings ever. You are so lucky to have your mom come and help!
Moms are the best and what a fun weekend! I totally agree with you about "having courage" to put Rylee in the crib... why go and ruin a good thing! She's sleeping so good and so long! Wow!
I definitely was not too tired-had a great time. Love those kids and you big kids too!! Had a ball and can't wait to come down again. Poor Ammon, he breaks my heart but secretly I love it since it was about me and not grandpa like it usually is.
Sounds like you guys had so much fun!! I have my family around and I
don't get to go out three times a week let alone three times a month. I hope to see you soon. I had a ultrasound today and she couldn't see anything she told me that I was still a little early.
I can't believe she still sleeps in her car seat! Awesome that you got to go out 3 times. I haven't heard of that movie. I will have to check out the trailer and see when it's playing over here. Sad about Ammon!
I love hearing little stories about your kids! Makes me want to come and see you. You're lucky that your mom just lives close enough to visit often. Poor Ammon!
Go Ammon! I love when they learn to clean their rooms. I just wish the phase lasted a bit longer. SO sad about how broken up he was when mom left.
Glad you had such a good time with mom! Lucky girl! We are lucky to get her in a week, but we don't get to see her nearly enough.
Oh my gosh I think it just took me a half hour just to catch up on your blog. The kids are so adorable I can't wait to see you guys. I heard about Jody's experience - I thought it was hilarious!!
Sounds like you had a great week! I have been wanting to see that movie so will have to make Donell go with me one of these nights. Hope you have fun carving pumpkins!!
You're lucky to have your mom! Sounds like you had an awesome week and got some good breaks. Wish we could've met you at Marine World...I was sad for Ammon when you said he cried for his Granny. Maybe I should have tried the car seat trick! Keal still isn't sleeping all night...Can't wait to hear about Jody.
Did you get your haircut yet?
megan
I cant believe how sweet ammon is! how sad about his little meltdowns when he says bye to mom and day. it is so so cute. cant wait to see halloween pics!
Post a Comment