Madagascar Hissing Cockroach. The actual size was about three inches!Last Saturday we went to Six flags. My mom went to go buy a yummy funnel cake (she kept calling it a tunnel cake) and I noticed these guys on a stage trying to get people to spin a wheel and what they landed on the contestant would have to eat and win a prize. I immediately grabbed Jody and made him raise his hand. You have to know a little history about him before I finish the story. When we watch any show where people have to eat something I freak out. A few nights before we had watched Survivor and the players had to eat some nasty stuff. Jody kept saying, "oh I could eat that." He has always said this! So I wanted to test him. Well about five people raised there hands and then they would have to pick a number between 1 and 20. Jody picked 15. He didn't win. Luckily they did two more rounds of it and I made him pick 15 every time and the last time the guy chose 16. I think he caught unto what we were doing and wanted Jody to win.
So he went up and the guy asked him what would be the worst thing to eat on the board. Jody asked what would give him the most prizes and the guy said,"A Madagascar hissing cockroach." So Jody said give me whatever will win me the most prizes. The guy spun the wheel and stopped on the cockroach. The rest is history!
Can you hear the guy in the background yelling, "You da man!" It was so much fun. Jody was like a celebrity when he was done. One girl came up and asked him how it tasted. He tells me it wasn't too bad. For him the worse part was picking the bug up. He said he knew he had to crunch down fast before he felt it move around. Gross it creeps me out just typing this! Right after he was done he yelled for me to come up on the stage and when I did he grabbed my face and tried to kiss me. Luckily I was able to get away!
Oh and he won a t-shirt that says, "you should see what I ate at Six Flags to get this t-shirt", free flash passes, two free arm bands for the haunted houses, front of the line passes for the haunted houses, and an admission ticket. Definitely not worth it. But we had a great time with all of the free passes and it was nice to skip to the front of the line. I don't think anyone could ever get me to eat one of those things, well maybe for a million dollars.
15 comments:
I had soooo much fun watching him do that. He really is da man!
YUCK1 YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! GAG! GAG!
GAG! MOM CINDY
My son always chewed on everything as a child, but I thought he had grown out of that stage in life. Obviously, it has gotten much worse. Dad
Okay.....it's official, Jody is a freak! :)
I think I just threw up in my mouth!!! Can you kiss him after that or do you think of him eating it?
I didn't kiss him that night. And yes I did think of it a few times. I kept telling to see what his poop looked like but he refused.
This is sooo gross! I can't believe that he ate them! I'm glad to hear that you didn't kiss him that nigh!
That was awesome! I always say the same thing to Michelle when watching those shows, but I have never been tested.
By the way, what other things did they have on the board?
That is disgusting! I love how nervous he looks to do it. And it took forever to chew that thing up! I would have gagged a million times. OK, I wouldn't have even tried it. Go Jody!
I cannot believe he ate it!! Disgusting! And what a lame prize package they should have given him something better for that.
That is so so gross. He is so brave, he should go on fear factor if they still do that show!!
that is DISGUSTING!!! did he have to chew so long??? I'm dying right now and laughing at your post. You guys are hilarious!
That id GROSSSSSSSSSSS
MEgan
i mean theat is Gross
Megan
Messed up again I meant to type " that is Grossss!!!
MEGAN
Post a Comment