Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Finally

It's been five months and today I was finally able to pull my pre-pregnancy jeans over my hips and button them! What a wonderful feeling. With each baby I have it takes a little longer.

Last week was horrible. We stayed home all week because the kids were sick. Seriously it was so boring and depressing. Finally Friday arrived and I was excited to go to a Pampered Chef party my friend was having. I love Pampered Chef and after going to the party decided that someday I am going to have most if not all of their stuff. I love to cook and be in the kitchen and their equipment makes it easier and more enjoyable. So anyway I left debating whether to sign up and be a consultant. Not really for the money but because I can get a starter set which contains most of the things I want much cheaper. I'm still thinking about it.

So after the party I came home and Jody and I were suppose to watch Next but ended up watching Man vs. Wild all night. It is just so interesting. For those of you who don't know it is on Discovery Channel and this guy Bear Grylss get dropped off, usually by a helicopter, in the middle of no where (Iceland, Sahara Desert, Sierra Nevada's) and shows people how to survive. He does some really crazy things. Ammon loves it. Anyway I woke up at four in the morning super sick. I was so looking forward to getting out of the house Saturday but ended up laying around sick all day. It didn't help that it rained all day long.

Sunday was Stake Conference and though we didn't get to hear all of it I'm glad we went. I was inspired by the few words I heard and I needed it. When we sat down Ammon said, "This looks like a party!" At one point I had to go nurse the baby and Jody had taken Cohen into the nursery to play. I dropped Ammon off with Jody. Jody had the boys racing and going down the slide. At one point Ammon was sitting in a little chair at the table and said,"Cohen come sit down and talk." Cohen sat down and Ammon said,"So Cohen what's your competition?" And Cohen said, "Sliding." Jody said they sat there for a while and Ammon kept asking Cohen questions. They are so funny together. I really am glad that I had two boys first. They entertain each other so well. I don't know what one would do without the other. Although there would be much less fighting!

Cohen is really getting into Rylee. He tickles her and says, " Hey pretty girly. Hey beautiful." Ammon was asking him to go upstairs today and first he said, "I'm too tired Ammon." When Ammon asked for a second time he said,"I'm doing something Ammon." I am constantly amazed at how much he comprehends. He just looks like he's too young to understand so much.

8 comments:

Debbi said...

Way to go on the jeans! That is GREAT! Sorry you guys have been sick, we are sick this week and it is boring! I love pampered chef, if you do sign up then I'll order though you - their cookbooks are my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Thanx for publishing a comment on my post It really means alot to me. and thank you Grandma and Kasey for publishing a comment to!!!!

Megan

Aubree said...

Yea on the jean!! I can do pre-Cohen jeans, but pre-Hailee is another story. I guess just one step at a time! I can't believe our babies are 5 months old!

Pam said...

Congrats with the jeans! Only reason it takes you longer is you are so dang skinny before you begin. Love the stories of the boys. Cohen is a hoot! Can't wait to hear those conversations myself next week!

Sarie said...

I know what you mean about Cohen comprehending things. Ruby is learning to recognize all the letters in the alphabet right along with Grace, they have to pick up on stuff earlier because of their sibling..

Heidi said...

I think five months is amazing! In my fam it takes like 10-12 months so that is what I am anticipating. I would love to have two boys first- they sound very cute together!

Lindsey said...

your boys are so cute. I can't believe Cohen is having those kind of conversation now!! Love that guy. Hope you are feeling better. And congrats on the jeans!!

Alex and Mitch said...

Cohen and AMmon are hilarious together. i love being around those them. I cant believe the things Cohen says!