Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Update

Things have been pretty boring since we got back from Georgia. It took us a few days to get back in the swing of things. The day after we got home Ammon took a nap at 3 in the afternoon and didn't wake up until 6 the next morning. Cohen adjusted by taking two naps for a couple days.

I have been so frustrated lately. I guess all of you with kids probably feel this way. I work ALL day to clean the house and within thirty minutes it can look like I did nothing! I am constantly picking up after everyone! It's so irritating. I hate having a messy house. It just makes me in a bad mood. I cleaned out toys last week and put the ones I am going to give to Good Will in a box in the garage, thinking the kids wouldn't see them. Unfortunately Ammon went straight to that box when he got home from preschool yesterday and was upset because I was giving his toys away. He wouldn't even have noticed if he hadn't seen the box. Oh well. I told him that some kids don't have toys and that he never plays with them. He was still upset. Oh well.

Last week I was feeling a little down because I never have time to myself. Then I went to the Relief Society Broadcast and was rejuvenated. I love how the leaders of our church help us to understand that we are doing the greatest work on this earth by being mothers. Sometimes I get exhausted with all the demands of being a mother to three small children but I know that there is nothing else I would rather be doing. It was such a great meeting. The only down side was not being able to sit by my mom.

The kids are doing great. Ammon has finally made a few new friends at school. He is also still very into imaginary play. No matter what we are watching he wants to be a character in that program. Last night we were watching Twitches, a Disney movie and he was so frustrated because he couldn't find a character to be, because they were all girls. He also had his first primary program last Sunday. He thought he was going to be "too shy" to say his part but he did great. He didn't sing much because he was too busy waving at us. Cohen is hilarious. He is such a talker. Already singing his ABC's and counting. He is also getting out of the pack and play now. I think it's about time for bunk beds. Unfortunately Rylee is still sleeping in her carseat at night. I haven't even tried the crib. I just don't want to disrupt her sleeping through the night. She sleeps for 9 or 10 hours every night and I don't want that to change! She has also started nursing every 4 hours. It is so great because I can leave her for a while without worrying. Plus while we were in Georgia I left her a few times and she took a bottle. She has also found her voice. I don't remember the boys being as loud. She squeals any time we look at or talk to her. She is such a joy.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I wish I could say it gets better as they get older and can pick up after themselves but it doesn't. If anything I am more frustrated because THEY ARE old enough and I shouldn't still be cleaning up all their messes. But on the other hand, I'd rather have a messy house than an empty house.
Give the babies a hug and kiss for me!

Tiffany said...

oh my gosh, I feel the same exact way. We are MAIDS! BUT, I think it will get a ton better when the kids (or even some of them) are in school... nobody to mess it up! I have been having them clean up a ton lately and most of the time it is more work than help but hopefully they are learning! I too felt better after the broadcast..

Pam said...

I missed sitting next to you too.
I totally relate to the messes, don't you feel bad now for once having been one of those that made those messes? Don't beat yourself up too much about the frustration, it's normal and you are a great mom!! So are Linds and Kasey and Kalie!! Can't wait to see you all this week, messes and all!

Kasey said...

I feel your pain! I get so frustrated with the state of my house. Even minutes after I've completely cleaned it, it looks like I haven't touched it in a LONG time. So annoying! I walked into a friends house the other day and started crying because hers was so clean and I was so frustrated with mine. Funny, huh? Yeah, I was a little embarrased...

Aubree said...

I could have written your post on the frustration! I have been there lately! I cannot function when my house is too messy.
Rylee seems like such a good baby! Cohen usually sleeps 8-10 hours but the last three nights it has been anywhere from 3-6!!! I am not sure what is going on but it better change soon! I don't do well without sleep!
Funny she sleeps in her carseat, the up side of that is that she will probably sleep anywhere. Cohen is totally I need my own crib to sleep well baby!

Debbi said...

I feel your pain with the house issues. I call my kids tornado's. Sometimes I clean and then plan things away from our house just so I can know it was clean for that time we were gone. HA! I am so jealous that Rylee sleeps, we still struggle with Noah. I must have poor sleepers, or something! I would leave her there too!

I loved the broadcast - it was great. The second counselors talk was so good, she cracked me up about being perfect with her own family!

Sarie said...

I love this post, it makes me feel like I'm not alone! By the way, Celeste's baby shower is this Friday, we will miss you!

Anonymous said...

Its not fair PLEASE COME BACK 2 GEORGIA!!!!!!! I MISS U GUYS SO MUCH
MEGAN :(

Heidi said...

I am glad you were able to go to that broadcast, I am sure it was good to be reminded of the amazing work you are doing within your own family. You really do seem to find a lot of happiness within it and that makes me excited.