Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A steal!




Okay so when did it become so exciting to buy furniture or things to decorate my home with? About a month ago I bought this picture from Target. I had seen it for months and really liked it but never would pay $100 dollars for it. So I saw it a month ago and it was in a clearance aisle marked down to $50. Jody's dad had given us each $60 gift cards to Target and so I was contemplating buying it. I left that day with the idea of going back with my mom to get her opinion of it. Well Alex and I ended up going back to Target two days later and I walked down the aisle, found the picture I wanted and decided to buy it. I had already gotten it into the cart when Alex said something like,"It's only 25 dollars now." I freaked out!!! I mean literally Alex was dieing laughing at me. I couldn't believe it was only 25 dollars. After I calmed down Alex said,"you know I can't really imagine ever wanting to spend money on things for my home or get that excited about a picture." I looked at her and said,"I never thought I would either it's just something that happens when you get married and have your own place." I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I can't wait to have enough money to decorate and make a home the way I really want to. I can't imagine how much fun it would be to live in a place that truly feels like your own. Someday.

The picture looks much better in person!

9 comments:

Alex and Mitch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alex and Mitch said...

Just so you all know she wasnt freaking out just a little, she was dancing in the aisle! It was really funny. So Kelly, what are you going to do with the picture? just let it sit by your couch on the ground!?

Community Vision said...

That is hilarious Kelly. I like how you bargained shopped for something, and then it worked out in your favor in the end. have a great day.

Aubree said...

WOW!! that is great deal!!! I get so excited when I find things like that! Even at Winco. Tyler just doesn't get it either! But I have to say I have never danced in the aisle! :) I do like the picture though!

Sarie said...

I love that picture! Good taste.

Stephanie said...

YAY for a good deal! I totally know what you mean. Each thing that I can get to make me house a little more homie is so exciting!!!

Lindsey said...

Good work. That's my bargain shopper!! I look forward to Target when we get there in August...I love that big store. Cute picture too.

Kasey said...

Love it! The frame is super cute too. Way to go with the bargain.
I can totally see you dancing in the aisles. You are such a nerd! A cute nerd, though!

Heidi said...

Before I was married, even though I lived on my own, I didn't have much care for going shopping with my mom or sisters for things for the home. Now though all of a sudden I want to save all my money for furniture and decor. I love it. But it also comes across as quite expensive and sometimes intimidating. I need a decorator. Someday!