Thursday, July 06, 2006

Two Thumbs Up



Cohen has been SO fussy lately. Today I was about to lose my mind and told Jody I needed to get out by myself. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who understands my needs and he told me to go. I went to a movie all by my lonesome today for the first time. It was wonderful to just sit and watch a movie for two hours with no interruptions. So I obviously went to The Devil Wears Prada and I really enjoyed it. I did feel a little awkward when I laughed out loud because I was sitting by myself. As much as I love my kids I can get burnt out and going to a movie was the perfect way to step out of my life for a few hours and regain a little sanity.

The movie was very entertaining. I love Anne Hathaway and especially loved all the clothes she wore in the movie. She looked beautiful. This white outfit was one of my favorites. The girl who plays Emily in the movie was hilarious and had the cutest British accent. It is definitely a chick flick that every chick should enjoy.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Two points for Jody!! I'm so glad you liked the movie. I'm dying to see it. I read the book on my internship in NYC. I love that movies can give us the much needed break from reality.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask you when I talked to you...did you read the book too? I haven't, but I really want to see the movie. And you've inspired me to go it alone!!

Heidi said...

I read that book a few years ago and was wondering if the movie was good, glad to know. I will also probably end up seeing it alone!

Aubree said...

Good for you for getting out! I am glad I am not the only one to have those "I have to get out of my house!" moments. I am excited to see that movie now!

Pam said...

Saw the movie today in Redding with Toni. I read the book last month and loved it. The book is different than the movie, Miranda Priestly was wickeder in the book, no humanity whatsoever and she had a little in the movie. Really enjoyed the movie too despite some plot changes!

Lindsey said...

The book is good!