


Most of you know that Humboldt County is known for its gloomy fog filled days but this week has been beautiful. It's weeks like this that make me say to my husband, "I could live here forever if the weather was always this nice." But we all know it will pass and then we won't see the sun for another month or so.
My boys and I have been out enjoying this beautiful weather. My dad belongs to a men's club called the Ingomar Club. He takes his customers there and his work pays for all of it. It's suppose to be a really nice elite type of club that people obviously have to pay a fee to be in but my sisters and I joke about it because we don't think the food is that good. Sometimes we get to go with my mom to lunch there and I splurge and get whatever I want because heck I'm not paying for it. Oh and I always get a shirley temple. They have a pool at the mansion and we recently found out that we can use it all summer long. So Alex and I took the boys there on Tuesday. It was pretty fun. The temperature was a little over 70 degrees and the pool was heated. A waiter comes around the pool and takes food orders. We got to get lunch compliments of my dads work, of course. It's just nice to have something else to do in this one horse town. Poor Alex was stuck with Ammon in the pool the whole time. Cohen only wanted me and Ammon wanted to swim the whole time. When she finally got him out he kept telling me,"Mom I'm getting too hot, let's get back in the pool, you want to mom?" He is so smart but doesn't realize that in 70 degree weather I won't fall for being "too hot."

Last summer 11 girls in my ward were pregnant with babies all due within a few months of each other. So yesterday we had a little birthday lunch at the park for all the one year olds. Cohen loved the cupcakes. He had one and then ate off of everyone else's. Poor Tasha didn't get much of hers. Later he went in the swing with Summer. We joke that Summer and Cohen will be dating someday. If any of you are O.C. fans you know why we say that.

We were planning on going to the lake this weekend but have decided to stay home and enjoy this beautiful weather while we can!
5 comments:
Sounds like you were living the life poolside! What fun - pool, nice weather, free food and drinks. Wish I were there.
I still think it's weird they still have all men's clubs...hello 2006!
I was wondering what pool you were talking about going to in your last post! I'm so glad the weather is nice so you guys can go swimming outside. And what better place than the Ingomar club where you can get all the food and drinks you want- for free!!
I always order a shirley temple when I go there too...how funny.
So the picture you have of Ammon and I makes me laugh. I totally knew when you took that picture that my eyes wouldnt be open...and low and behold I was correct! I am very glad you thought of going there the other day...next time we need to remember some SPF, even if this is humboldt county.
Ammon's picture is typical Ammon-crazy!! Ingomar is now a multi-gender club. The old days are past. Love, love, love your post and Lindsey's! It makes my day to see the pictures and hear the stories. Kasey and Alex need to get on board!
love,
mom
Cute pictures, Kelly! Good post. I can't believe how freezing Humboldt was.. I was reminded of it when I was there. The sun came out for like 4.5 hours the whole 7 days I was there.
Looks like Cohen was pimpin' in the swing!
Post a Comment