Tuesday, July 18, 2006

FHE


Last night was Monday night and we had our regular family home evening with the kids. They don't get much out of it so we try to make it short and sweet with an activity at the end. We went to the temple last weekend to see a friend go through for his first time. Ammon loves going to the temple. So last night we talked about the temple and tried to explain what we do at the temple and why it is so special. I told Ammon that daddy and mommy were married in the temple and that someday he too can be married there. He smiled and said, "Mom can I marry Lexy at the temple?" So precious. I said,"Ammon if you still like Lexy in 20 years you can marry her." He is seriously such a sweetheart. Jody asked him who was the prettiest girl in the world the other day and he said, "mommy is." Sometimes he reminds me of Lindsey because he makes the goofiest faces and does things she use to do. Like, "I love you so much!" while pointing to his eye, then heart and then you.


After our short lesson we went outside and played basketball. Jody and I played PIG and in between our shots Jody would pick Ammon up and let him put the ball in the hoop like Michael Jordon. It's nights like these that make me so grateful to be married and to have my children. Today it is beautiful and sunny here so Alex and I are going to take the kids to the pool. I will blog pictures of it tomorrow!

Cohen played on the grass and ate rocks while we played basketball. He has the most beautiful blue eyes, this picture doesn't give them justice.


8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love the post and the pics. Can't wait to see more pics of the pool outing! I am running (well, walking) to the grocery store and then will call you when I get back...I'm famished and we have nothing!!!!

Community Vision said...

Cohen is adorable. I love kids as well, they say the cutest things.

Anonymous said...

That kid sure is cute. I heard he looks just like his daddy. I want to set the record straight and tell everyone that I won the game of pig and will forever be the champion.

The White Way said...

You never know in 20 years lex and ammon could meet up. Such the cute family. Sound ,ike you guys had fun!!!

Jen said...

What a beautiful family! And contrary to what jre20 thinks, those kids get all their good looks from their momma!

Sarie said...

I love Cohen's blue eyes, he is gorgeous. I love your posts, it's nice to hear what you guys do on Mondays, too.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures. I just die laughing about Ammon and his crazy ways. And Cohen is SO cute! His eyes are beautiful.

Lindsey said...

Kel, where are the pool pics?