Ammon keeps saying and doing the funniest things. Last week was his first time going to the dentist. Suprisingly he did pretty well and lucky for me he had no cavities. Later that day I told him how good he did at the dentist and how he is such a big boy. He just smiled and said, "yep." Then I said, "Do you want to go to the dentist again?" He looked at me with a scowl on his face and said, "Probably not." He went on to tell me that he didn't like the taste of the toothpaste and that he would rather go to the doctor.
Later that day we were at my parents house doing laundry and I looked at Ammon and noticed that he looked bigger. Then I saw 3 or 4 different collars sticking out of his shirt. He had brought his backpack over to their house and had packed it full of clothes. He had gotten them all out while I was doing laundry. So I asked Ammon to come over and I counted five shirts on him. I asked him why he had five shirts on and he just said, "because I want to." About twenty minutes later I convinced him to take off all but one shirt because his cheeks were getting pink from being hot. After I got the shirts off he turned and asked me," Mom can I take my underwear off too?" I told him that he had to wear his underwear and he said,"well can I take off two of them?" I just about died. I took his shorts off to find five pairs of underwear on! This kid cracks me up.
P.S. Does anyone ever have a problem with soap scum? Tasha introduced me to this stuff and it is awesome! All you do is spray it on the tub, let it sit for 5 minutes, barely scrub and your tub will be sparkling clean. I love it! Thanks Tash.
12 comments:
I am dying laughing at that kid! He is so funny. Who in the world would put on five shirts and five pairs of underwear??? So funny!
Glad everything went well at the dentist. Hopefully you'll be able to get him back again in 6 months!
Um, I am laughing out loud right now. That kid is HILARIOUS!! I love the underwear part... I love him and his crazy personality so much. Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.
Where do you get that stuff Kel? I need it!
I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU LIKE IT I THOUGHT IT WORKS GOOD TO!!! LEX KEEPS ASKING WHEN HER BOYFRIEND IS GETTING BACK. BUT WE ARE LEAVING AGAIN TO . HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET TO SEE YOU SOON. MAKYYNA'S TEST ARE ALL COMING OUT GOOD SO FAR WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE BLOOD TEST WHICH WE SHOULD HEAR BACK IN A WEEK. CALL ME IF YOU HAVE A MOMENT!!!
Kelly, Ammon is too cute, I can't believe he did that, no I can believe it. I am happy you are enjoying your vacation. If Ammon wears too many underwear it may slow his baby making machine down!haha just joking.
So cute! I hate that they're growing up so fast, these moments that make us laugh are priceless. Have fun in Seattle, I love it there!
You need to journal all these crazy and cute things he is doing because I promise you will forget them! He is so adorable...you are going to have your hands full...isn't it time for another one??!!!
I got this wonderful stuff at Target but they have it everywhere.
About having another one. Jody is ready but I am not so sure that I am!
Tash, I am so glad to hear that about her results. I will call you when I get a minute!
Kelly, first of all, I love your blog, secondly, Ammon's hilarious! It's such a great age, and the things that come out of their mouths... He reminds me of DJ (ours), well, all but the underwear part. And the reason why I can't relate to the underwear part is because we are STILL potty training!!! My question to you: how did you do it, how did you potty train Ammon??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerley,
An eternal potty trainer
(aka: Alisa)
Alisa, I think you should start a blog...love, Roxy
Alisa-
We really didn't have to do much. About a month before he turned 3 he started getting really interested in going,sorry, poop on the potty. He got that down quickly and then i started trying to get him to pee in the potty. I tried the pullup thing but he would just pee in them. So one day I just decided to put underwear on him. He had a few accidents and still does at night sometimes but it really was that easy. I never really pushed the issue before. I would talk about it to him and I got him a little potty chair. I also told him that when he started going in the toilet he could go to school. I think with boys you really have to be patient. But boy is it great! Good luck. My cousin also told me about a book called, Toilet Training in a Day, or something like that and it worked for her.
Ammon is such a cutie. I sure do miss all of you. Thank heavens for your blog. I check it everyday.Grandmom Cindy
Post a Comment