Friday, February 27, 2009





Rylee and I had a photo shoot this morning. It was so much fun and I already feel like I learned some new things just by getting out there and taking pictures. It seemed like my favorite pictures either came out blurry or messed up because my lens got wet at one point from touching a wet flower. I don't know a lot about lighting yet. I have heard that morning and afternoon are the best times, right? It took me a while to get her in the right light and by the time I did it was time to get Cohen to school. We have mustard fields sprouting up everywhere here. I think will try it again next week. I start my online photography class with Candice Stringham next week!


Jody gets home tonight from a week long business trip to Dallas. He only leaves once or twice a year but with three little ones to care for on my own, I'm exhausted and happy to have an adult in the house again.

15 comments:

Kasey said...

Such cute pictures! Rylee is looking so big. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Oh, and I can't believe I didn't know Jody was out of town. Glad you got through it!

Kalie said...

ahhh I love the photos :) You are doing awesome with your camera!

Lindsey said...

Love the pics, Kel! Rylee is adorable. I love her pretty face! my fave might be the black and white one... i'm not sure, i love them all.

i didn't know jody was gone for a week either! Wowsa!

{Erica} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{Erica} said...

That third one with the sun flare rocks! You're going to love your class. I still take classes from other photographers (online) ...you can never know too much.

You just wait...soon your kids are going to run whenever you pull out your camera.

p.s. if your lens gets wet in the future just be sure and have a lens cloth on hand. they are VERY handy. also think about getting a hood for your lens.

Pam said...

Pics are great. I love Rylee in the tutu and the mustard fields. I'm so glad Jody is back to help you out. Has Dr. Seuss been around lately? Ammon's call yesterday cracked me up!

Steve and Sara said...

Hey Kelly its Sara Radmacher Chandler. Hope you remember me! It was so much fun to see your beautiful family and you! I love blogs so that you can run into old friends. Hope things are good with you. And again you have such a cute family and you look great!

Julie said...

Cute Picts, Kelly! I especially like the first of Rylie - the yellow looks so awesome! She sure is a cutey!

Jami said...

love those pics! sorry I didn't make it this weekend...wasn't meant to be, but soon. haven't talked to Luna yet either. hope you had fun!

Jones Photography said...

Oh my! these are so cute!
yeah lighting is best in the morning around 9 AM would be great! and around 4 or 4:30 would be a good time too! that was you don't get shadows on the faces. :)

Jones Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubree said...

I so want a new camera! Your pics are great! I bet you are so glad Jody is back.

I have a question for you. We are planing a trip to Mexico in May and I know you have been to Cabo and I think you mentioned that you have been to Puerto Vallarta (I think that was you) and was wondering which you liked better. I got the same offer for the place you stayed in but you have to be 30 and so there are a couple others we are looking at. I just wanted to get thoughts from someone who has done both. Just shoot me and email when you have a free moment! Thanks for your help!!

Sarie said...

Love the photos Kelly. They're so cute! And I love that Cohen is in his underwear.. and it's no big deal... so cute.

Celeste said...

Gorgeous Pictures.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I love those pics!! I can't wait to get a new camera as cool as yours...