Ammon has been potty trained since he was three, almost to the day. He would randomly pee the bed once every few months and sometimes less than that (unless you count the times he stays at my parents, stays up too late and drinks too much and then pees in their bed). But really we've never had any ongoing problems with his wetting the bed until now. For the last two weeks he has woken up almost every night wet. He is so frustrated, as are we. He starts crying and says he doesn't know he's doing it and that he just can't wake up and go. I feel bad for him. Jody is worried that something else is going on and I'm sick of washing sheets and blankets every night. I know I'm exaggerating but I smell pee everywhere. I'm looking for answers. I think I'll call his pediatrician tomorrow. Any suggestions?
He is growing up so quickly. I still get emotional when I drop him off at school and see him walk in by himself. How is he old enough to know where to go? To not need his mommy to take him in? I love his confidence and excitement for life.
Today he was getting ready for basketball practice and all of his b-ball shorts were dirty so he had to wear some cargo shorts. He was not happy. He looked at me and say, "Mom I don't want to look ridiculous." He cracks me up with his lingo these days. He walked by a group of boys at church the other day and said, "What's up bro's?" He'll call me sweety, baby, and honey. Like I'm his girl or something. He really is just so much fun to be around and the best part is that he'll give me hugs and kisses all day long!
13 comments:
Hi Kelly, Cole has a very similar pee cycle:) I don't know why he would be going during the night. I am sure he's going potty before bed. I know he would hate wearing a pull-up to bed and who knows if one fits him but just some ideas. Secondly, Ammon is growing up too fast and I know I am going to be there next year and I will too cry. Let me know how I can deal with my boy growing up too fast.
Danielle Carmesin
I love Ammon! What a cutie pie.
I'd take him in just to rule things out right? I know Ella she went through a phase like that and it turned out she had a UTI. I know they are pretty rare in boys but you never know. I'm sure it's just a phase that will be over soon.
Pee or not he's sure a cute kid!
Colin has ADHD and struggles with peeing in the bed. They said that is typical of kids with ADHD to have a really hard time to wake up after they have gone to sleep. Not saying that that is what's going on with your little man but I feel your pain I guess.
He sounds like he is a fun kid!
Wow, that's funny he calls you that.
Good luck with the pee... I am sure it's totally normal and you will get it under control soon. :)
Poor Ammo! I can just seem him getting upset and frustrated with himself. It makes me so sad for him!!!
He is such a cute kid and sooo sooo funny! I think it is hilarious that he is so into style and clothes. and the things he says. oh man. cute cute kid.
I tried to call right after I read this. I need an Ammon fix! He is so dang cute. I love it when he tries to talk real cool. I hate him growing up too. Any solutions/answers about peeing? I think he is just so tired he can't wake up. Poor kid. I adore him.
poor ammo! He's the cutest. I think I'll still get emotional seeing Keal do things on his own when he's, say, EIGHTEEN! I just know how you feel and he hasn't even gone to school yet. Can't wait to see that little cutie!
Oh Ammon. Poor kid! Let me know if you find anything out from the doctor.
He is so cute! I love his lingo. Hilarious.
Oh Ammon. Poor kid! Let me know if you find anything out from the doctor.
He is so cute! I love his lingo. Hilarious.
haha - his lingo is so funny. So sad about Ammo wetting the bed...Kyle doesn't do it very often but when he does he wakes up bawling and apologizes over and over... I feel so sad for him. Good luck.
Did Chris ever give you the little rubber bands (they were in a card) for Rylee's hair? Anyways Madison had the BEST time with Ammon on their visit. She talks about him all the time :)
Seeing your ped. is a good idea - there could be some other problem causing it. Jonah has bed wetting problems - I asked his ped. about it and he said that because he sleeps so deep, he can't wake himself up to pee and that he probably won't grow out of it until he's 8 or so. He said its actually a really common problem with boys. Definitely stinks (literally) for all parties involved, but he's not abnormal or anything. So he just wears a pullup to bed (luckily hes super skinny bones and fits one fine, but there are lots of other options). Also, a couple months ago he was having a problem with accidents during the day, which was so weird. Come to find out (thanks to his doc) that he had intestinal problems which made him act out and pee his pants. We took care of that and the other problem went with it. So that doesn't really help you, but at least you know its not just your kid. Sorry to make this so long! Good luck!
Good luck with this! I've heard about Hyland's homeopathic bed wetting tablets so you may want to look into that. He's adorable!
Post a Comment