Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It was a happy V-Day

My sweetheart got me a camera bag. We are getting more practical with our gifts. I like it. He got a card with a a love token in it that said, "Good for one roll in the hay." He loved it but I think he would have liked a hundred more!

This girl drives me crazy but I love her to death! She is still climbing on everything and wrestling innocent children. It seems like she learns a new word everyday. I'm happy that she's finally gotten into some girl things. When she goes to bed she has to have a "baby". The baby can be a baby or a stuffed animal. She also loves wearing necklaces and bracelets. I especially love it when she picks up the phone and says, "Hi Ga-Ga!" (for Grandma). She is also obsessed with shoes. She is always wearing Ammon's shoes around the house. When she wakes from her nap she is always looking for "Cohey" and if he's not awake I have to keep her from going up and waking him. I've never seen a busier more talkative child but we are all in love with her.



I made the kids pink waffles for Valentine's Day. Then we all went to Chili's for lunch. I was craving chicken enchilada soup. Later that day Jody made a treasure hunt for the boys. The treasure was their Valentine candy and a few dollar toys. They loved it. Later that night Jody and I went and saw He's Just Not That Into You. We were entertained. I didn't like one of the story lines but overall enjoyed the movie. I also saw Confessions of a Shopaholic Friday night with a friend and LOVED it.

On Sunday we had this adorable family over for dinner. They moved into our ward a few months ago. They have four girls and one boy and they want more! The kids got along great. They live real close to us and I'm excited to have a new friend!

I'm anxiously waiting to hear that my sister Kasey is in labor. She is almost 6 cm and is due this week. Who walks around at 6 centimeter's? I feel so bad for her because she is miserable and the soonest the doctor can induce her is Saturday.

Lindsey and I talked on the phone for 40 minutes today while I was at the gym! It made my workout go so quickly. But I had to let her go when it was time for weights. It's nice to be at a point where I can do cardio and still talk. Never thought I'd get there. I could talk to my sisters for hours.

I'm suppose to have the missionaries for dinner tonight. They had a transfer today and we are supposedly getting 4 new ones. I'm hoping I won't get a call.... but I've planned to make baked potato soup and chicken tortilla soup with homemade rolls. I couldn't choose jut one and it's a rainy weather soup day!

10 comments:

Pam said...

It's snowing here and I'm eating soup too! Cute pics-love Rylee Roo's especially. Hilarious that you write that she is still wrestling innocent children-she is soooo funny! Glad you had a good V-day!!

Heidi said...

Wow I could not talk on the phone while doing cardio- I am impressed. That is crazy Kasey is at a 6 and still not in labor. She will have her baby in the car on the way to the hospital or something it will go so quickly!

Kasey said...

Yummy soup day! I can't believe I'm walking around right now either. Get this baby out of me!

Cutest pics of the kids. I was just asking mom if any of the other grandkids strip down to their underwear on a regular basis and I guess I have my answer!

Can't believe you talked to Lindsey for so long while working out. Go Kelly! You are an animal.

Kasey said...

Oh, and good job Jody on the camera bag! You are really a great gift giver these days!

kh said...

Kelly I know you LOVE to cook and I have the BEST buffalo chicken soup EVER. I have NO IDEA where I got it, heck I probably got it from you! I will send it to you!

Good for you to be working out! I don't see the need, you are in better shape than most mothers of three, but way to go nonetheless.

Oh and I love your Vday gift to Jody... if I were only that creative and willing! Hee hee. Maybe next year my hubby will get lucky. :0)

Congrats to Kasey for (soon-to-be) baby #4! I am so happy for her!

Aubree said...

Who walks around at a 6??? I guess your sister! That baby will come fast when he decides to come! My SIL is being induced tomorrow! Yay for babies!

Love the gift to Jody. That is what Tyler asks for at every gift giving occasion! I ask for sleep! :)

Lindsey said...

You vday gift cracked me up! Hilar! That's seriously great.

Great talking to you today! You are so inspirational with your trips to the gym, i need to follow your example!

Christi said...

I love that y'all had a treasure hunt. What a fun idea!
Your kids are getting so big!! So when are y'all going to have more??

Jami said...

Thanks for the update! Love your pics and Vday sounds fun. I'm planning on the 28th so it's a date! yahoooooooo. Oh, and baked potato soup? Must have that recipe.

Celeste said...

You are such a cute mom. I love that you made the kids pink waffles.