We've been busy. With one kid in kindergarten and soccer and another in preschool I feel like our lives just got really hectic. What are we going to do when they are all in school? Good thing I'm a stay at home mom. This week it's been one thing after another. Tonight we had Ammon's back to school night and I was a little overwhelmed but excited with all the things he/we will be doing this year. I think I was a little overzealous when I signed up to help with every class party. I'm sure all the mom's were saying, "yeah she's a first timer."
My quiet mornings have been amazing. Can't say I've accomplished much besides cleaning which gets destroyed by evening but the peace and quiet is heavenly! I've decided (rather Jody decided for me) that I can only have certain cleaning days so that I can use some of the free time for myself.
It's also been pretty hot the last few days. Low hundreds and without a/c you can imagine how warm it gets in the house. Luckily it is still cooling off at night.
I've been reading Breaking Dawn, sewing, polling for Proposition 8, cleaning and taxing kids around this week and by the end of the night I'm dead! But it's nice to be busy doing things.
Have a great Labor Day weekend!
8 comments:
Hey Kelly!
It's been a long time since I talked to you! I have been meaning to email you... HOW ARE YOU??? I can't believe we both have Kindergartners! Holy crow! Is Ammon loving it? I think the "honeymoon" is already over for Marcor, but he still gets happy when I send him. Whew, it would make for a LONG year if he didn't!
I bet you love your P&Q. I am jealous, that no longer exists in our house! Enjoy all that time you can, even if your husband MAKES you! (hee hee.)
You are a SUPER mom. I wish I could sign up to help, but that would mean me bringing THREE extra "helpers" (if you know what I mean...) and most likely the teacher wouldn't appreciate that.
Have a good Labor Day weekend too!
What an exhausting week! You are a great mom... and your kids know how much you love them. Sometimes I got a little crazy with stuff that needs to be done and I only have one small child... you are a Super Mom!!
Kelly, I am thrilled you took the time to blog. Take time to read because it is one of the greatest joys on this earth. It's amazing what a book can do for your soul. I am reading "The Secret Life of Bees." Fabulous book and I am reading because you Iorg girls loved it. Thanks for keeping us updated on what you are reading. Take Care.
Hang in there Kelly! This mom thing really had me overwhelmed on Friday, and it really was just a normal day of having three kids!! I know you feel.
Life sounds great, kel. Quiet mornings of cleaning... but yea, i think you should take jody's advice and only clean on the certain days. have fun this weekend. love ya!
I need some of your energy! My house definitely needs a good cleaning right now.
What have you been sewing? Alexa needs a new blankie SOON so I may be calling you for some of your expertise. I've NEVER done one before and I am overwhelmed just thinking about it!
Poor you with the hot weather! It was just 65 here yesterday and I was roasting in the house.
You are turning into the little soccer mom sis! sounds like things are going super well!
You have been busy. Glad you're getting some quiet time. We'll have to come visit and we can go have lunch or something fun!
Post a Comment