Friday, August 15, 2008

Kindergarten!

We've been talking about it for months. Yesterday Ammon had his first day of Kindergarten. I was a wreck! He was excited. He loved getting his new school clothes on and packing a lunch. When we got to school I felt the tears on and off through out the process. Once we got into the classroom Ammon was a little nervous but warmed up quickly. After his teacher, Mrs. Moore read The Kissing Hand, I lost it.

One thing I will tell all of you future mothers of kindergartner's is, don't expect to get any details once the day is over! If I ever become a teacher of kindergartner's I will send a detailed note describing what the kids did on the first day. I had to pull and pry to get even a small amount of info from Ammon. Today he said, "It makes me tired when you ask me all these questions." The nerve!

It's hard not knowing what Ammon's doing all day long. Does he know where the bathroom is? Is he comfortable enough to raise his hand? Does he play with anyone at recess? Besides all of these unknowns I am enjoying the quiet time with Cohen while Rylee is napping. It feels like our home has settled down a bit. This is going by way too fast.

16 comments:

Natty said...

wow kelly, kindergarten. I know I am going to be the same way, holding back the tears. I[ve got a while, but i know it will come quick.

kh said...

Oh Kelly! I have been there! Marcor started Kindergarted on Monday and I had to laugh at the "prying" of information. I had to do the SAME thing with him. He's was not interested in sharing a single bit of info at all. So I had to laugh out loud at that one! (Boys...!)

It IS so hard to realize they are growing up. AHHH! I hope I am not as dramatic when Mati goes, I am afraid she will cry and we will both be wrecks.

He's having a blast no doubt!

Kalie said...

Wow he is such a big boy. I am going to lose it too. It's even worse - Madison wants to ride the bus and I just don't know if I can do it yet...it seems like such a grown-up thing to do. Ammon looked so cute!

Kalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

Such a cute post. I love the picture of the cute boy. He looks so excited. I can remember feeling like you do though too. Ambivalent feelings, for sure!

Sarie said...

Grace wanted to ride the bus as well and I was like, honey, there is NO WAY I'm letting you do that. She's lucky I even let her go to kindergarten! She starts tomorrow! I know she'll just love it. It helps to know I'm not the only one in the same place in life!

Sarie said...

The best part about this picture that I didn't notice before is Cohen and Riley in a double stroller! So cute-- so YOUR LIFE right now. Love it.

Lindsey said...

so cute! I love his little face and his new school outfit. he is adorable - i can't believe he is in kindergarten!

Christi said...

I went through this a couple of weeks ago with Colin and it hurts! It was the worst when my oldest went Colin is the baby and it was rough too! Ammon is such a handsome boy!!

Julie said...

How fun and scary! Jonah starts kindergarden a week from today and I'm more nervous than he is! (but of course I can't let HIM know that !) Can you believe we have school-age children already! It seems like just yesterday we were dancing to Aberdine :) Crazy!

The White Way said...

I can't believe how fast time goes. Don't feel bad because Jake and Lex still don't tell me anything. Ammon looks so cute!

Kasey said...

He looks so cute! Glad his first day went well. I had the same issues with Kaden not telling me all I wanted to know. Grrr... Boys. I guess it starts young!

I'm sure he is loving kindergarten. And once you get past the first week, you will love having a little more freedom, even though Ammon is the sweetest, easiest kid ever!

I can't believe how big these kids are getting!

Julie said...

I remember wanting so badly to be a fly on the wall to watch how they interacted with their peers and also to make sure no one treated them badly. I still get excited for them and want to hear everything that went on during their day. But you are right, you get very little.

Angela said...

Such a cute picture!! Pretty soon he will be rushing home to talk your ear off I'm sure..: )

Alex and Mitch said...

hahaha...he is hilarious. Hope you are coping better!

Jami said...

How do you have a 3yr old and a 5yr old...oh yea, and a 1yr old. Crazy! Love that picture of Ammon holding Cohen at the beach. I can't believe how little they were not so long ago. It's making me sad! And needing a new camera immediately because I lost mine! I want to come visit soon, maybe during the week? I'll be in touch.