Wednesday, August 13, 2008

party time








Poor Cohen has never had a real birthday party. This year we were in McKinleyville so I called all of our close friends and had a little party Monday night. We blew up my parents jumpy house and ate cake and ice cream. Nothing too exciting but perfect for Cohen.

Cohen loved opening presents. Ammon was trying to open them for him the whole time and kept trying to bargain with him. "Cohen you can have this and I can have that." Cohen's too smart and wasn't falling for it. "No it's my birthday Ammo. These are my presents!" They got into a few fights over the course of the night.
For his birthday he got:
  • 4 movies (Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Diego, Jungle Book)
  • Indian Jones whip (very soft and actually plays the music)
  • Ninja Turtle gear (Raphael)
  • Superman bat and ball
  • Tools
  • money
  • Big blue bouncy ball

He got really embarrassed when everyone sang happy birthday to him. And was actually spitting when he was trying to blow out the candles.

Before the party I took Ammon and Cohen to McDonald's and to the movie Wall-E.

I think he had a good day. When he woke up Tuesday morning he looked at me and said, "Is my birthday over now?"

My grandpa was also at my parents this weekend. It was fun seeing the kids get to know him. As a child Grandpa used to always play pop goes the weasel with us. Cohen obviously enjoyed it as well. It's fun to see my kids doing things with my Grandpa that I used to do. He lives in Mesa Arizona and we don't get to see him enough! On Cohen's birthday Grandpa put his hands behind his back and told Cohen to pick a hand. He had ten dollars in the hand Cohen picked. Being the smart boy he is Cohen said, "I want to pick the other hand now!" That 10 dollars is burning a whole in his pocket. He can't wait to go buy something with his money at Target.

5 comments:

Kasey said...

So cute! I totally remember pop goes the weasel. He tried it with Kaden years ago and hit Kaden's head on the coffee table!

Cohen is such a smart kid. I love that he wanted the other hand! He is looking so grown up with his longer hair. I think it is adorable!

Lindsey said...

can't believe how old Cohen is looking. miss the little guy! His bday party looks great. wish I could've been there!

Pam said...

so glad you came up and we got to share Cohen's big day! He was a crack up that day-of course, when isn't he?

Angela said...

Cohen is such a smart kid...wanting to pick the other hand, not letting Ammon have 1/2 his presents! : )

Celeste said...

So cute... Happy Birthday Cohen! It sounds like the day turned out perfect. He such a cute kid. I love his strong sense of character!