Friday, August 08, 2008

Grandma's Girl



We spent Monday through Sunday of last week with my mom. She came down to have her sun fix. It was great because I was sad to see Jody's parents go and knowing she was coming made it easier. She stayed in a hotel and took Ammon the first night and Cohen plus Ammon the second. We had yummy dinners both Monday and Tuesday and on Wednesday she watched the kids so Jody and I could have a much needed date to the temple together.
Rylee has gotten more comfortable with both of my parents and recently started giving her grandma kisses (something she only gives me and Jody). The kids and I are driving back to McKinleyville on Sunday to spend a few more days with my parents and Alex, who is coming home, before Ammon starts Kindergarten next Thursday!

8 comments:

Christi said...

I take for granted having my mom so close, but I remember being far way I kknow those visits mean everything!!! Glad you and Jody got a day out!

Stephanie said...

Kelly, you should call me. I would love to meet you at a park with the kids. 599.1290, Stephanie Lende

Pam said...

And I love those kisses! Love her too pieces!

Kalie said...

I can't believe Ammon starts so soon. Your mom and Rylee are adorable :)

Lindsey said...

she's adorable and such a big girl now! i miss her. she is looking cohen to me.

Kasey said...

So cute! It took me a minute to figure out that mom's "cute outfit" were actually her scrubs. Phew! You had me worried for a minute mom.

You are a lucky girl Kelly. I can't believe how often you see family. JEALOUS.

Celeste said...

It's so cute when they start giving you kisses!! I love it.

Alex and Mitch said...

She is so cute! I wish I'd get those kisses!!!