Tuesday, June 19, 2007

5 days old




Time is already flying by, which right now is a good thing because I can't wait for her to start sleeping better at night. She actually did pretty good last night. I'm just trying to figure her out. Like what position she sleeps best in. So far I have pretty much put her next to me in bed at night. Jody freaks out but hello he's not the one getting up at night! She pretty much sleeps all day long. I don't know what I will do when my mom isn't staying with us. Luckily she is taking the boys next week and then we will meet them at the lake for the following week. Hopefully by then I will start getting her into a routine. This is the hardest part of having a newborn. My mom has been such an angel to me. She gets up with the boys every morning, feeds them breakfast, bathes them, and then takes Rylee so that I can catch a few more zzzz's. She also helps with poopy diapers, holding the baby and prepares meals. I wish I could have her for at least the next few months. When I looked in the back of my car today and saw three car seats it finally hit me, I have three kids, in car seats! How old am I again?

It's 9:30 and everyone is in bed so I think I will try to get to sleep early tonight. We are going to Corte Madre tomorrow to shop and then to the Petaluma Outlets so I need to be rested up. I promise my next blog will share our birthing story, it was amazing.

16 comments:

Lindsey said...

She is so precious! I am so glad you added a new post. Mom is amazing, isn't she? So great that she is taking the boys. You are so brave to take Rylee to the lake already! I would be so worried about mid-night wakings! I love the pictures. She's a doll and I just love her!

Pam said...

It is my great pleasure to be able to help you girls with your sweet children and participate in this sweet experience. Thank you for letting me me here and enjoy my beautiful grandchildren! Rylee is a joy and the boys are so sweet, good, and hysterical!!! These are the times that life is all about. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Community Vision said...

Kelly, You are amazing. I love your posts and your honesty. Three in carseats would be hard but once Rylee gets on a schedule you will be more rested. With each child you must have a mothers support. It takes so much time to get adjusted to life with one more. For some reason I though after a c-section I would pop up and beable to incorporate carly into our lives immediately. When Cole would stay at his grandparents within the first two weeks after Carly I felt guilty like I couldn't handle two kids. I guess the truth is that I couldn't. Grandparents ease life changing transistions. I guess what I am saying is that revel in your moms love and help because you will have plenty of time to prove to yourself that you can do three children solely while Jody is at work. Is that kinda what your're feeling....

miles said...

Congratulations on the new baby. Michelle and I are very excited for you.

Kasey said...

Love the pictures! She is just so precious. Mom is quite amazing. Don't know what I'd do without her! She pretty much saves the day when you have a new baby.
I must say that I am completely jealous that mom is taking the boys for a week. Lucky girl!
Now, get some sleep!

Sarie said...

I love that you're blogging so much! Your mom is awesome. Rylee is so so gorgeous. I know you know that but seriously! She has the prettiest face.

Jami said...

So cute! I can't believe you're going shopping already! Your birth must have been amazing because I was still so sore...target wore me out at a week old. Aren't our mom's the best? I don't know what I would have done without Ronzie, either. I know you are tired, but loving that little girl. Can't wait to see her. Maybe when you get back from the lake we'll come over!

Debbi said...

She is so sweet. It makes me miss having such a little one around (but not miss it THAT much;). 3 cars seats is crazy, but I'm sure we will be there someday. I already drive the minivan!haha. I bet she will get her days and nights figured out. Didn't you suggest babywise to me? It didn't work well for Gage but with Noah it's done wonders.

melis said...

Your mom is an angel! Send her my way when you are done with her! My mom and ENTIRE family is in Mexico right now. I swear all I do is cry missing them! I hate how big the girls are getting. I want her to be a baby forever. I want to hear the birth story-- I want to type up mine too before I forget. I love you. Good Luke with the sleeep schedule!

Heidi said...

O man three carseats that is hilarious. Whatever works for you though! Your mom sounds like such a great help right now.

Aubree said...

Your mom is so great! My mom will be here tomorrow and I cannot wait! She is too cute! And I am having the same things with sleep as you right now! I just wish I could be as mobile as you seem!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute i want to see her in for real though please come and visit us PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


love you guys bunches
MEGAN

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics! Keep them coming. We just got back from Florida. I couldn't wait to get to the computer and your blog. Rylee is just beautiful. Who do you think she looks like? I know, Rylee. We are counting down the days until we see you guys.
Love,G.Cindy

Alex and Mitch said...

she is soo sooo cute and i cant wait to see her in a couple days!!

Lani said...

she is SO cute Kel Bel! I can't wait to see you guys. I think she looks like you!

Lani said...

I am dying to see you guys... Are you going to the lake this weekend? If not, I am visiting!! Let me know. Love ya!