Monday, June 25, 2007

Captain Jack Sparrow

Ammon turned 4 years old on Saturday. We drove back to McKinleyville and had a Pirates of the Caribbean party with all of his friends. He LOVED seeing everyone at his party. I had fun making his treasure chest cake. The boys stayed with my parents for the rest of this week. I miss their hugs and kisses but am enjoying this relaxing time to sleep, clean, organize, and get to know sweet Rylee.



Rylee is doing great. She is a wonderful nurser and spends the entire day sleeping. She's also been sleeping pretty good a night. She loves her carseat. On the way back home yesterday she slept until we were only 15 minutes away from home. I feel bad but she pretty much sleeps in her carseat during the day and night. She doesn't like her bassinet and her room is too far away for me to put her in her crib. Nights are getting better. Last night she slept from 11:30 to 4 and then from 4:30 to 7:15. Not too bad for a girl that sleeps all day.
Ammon learned how to ride his bike last week! It is so adorable and he is super proud of himself.

Cohen wants to say and do everything Ammon does. This is why he has the helmet on and is also trying to ride his bike. He is the funniest kid!

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

The party looks like it went great! Great job on the treasure chest cake. The kids are adorable...all of them! Rylee's outfit with the green shirt and jean skirt is so super cute. She is a doll and I just want to cuddle her. Cohen looks like Ammon on that tricycle!

Stephanie said...

I am so stealing the treasure chest cake idea. We are having a Pirates party for Aidan in July! Is Ammon riding with NO training wheels? Your little girl is precious. Honestly DO NOT worry about where she sleeps, it is the fact that she is sleeping that matters!

melis said...

I couldnt even tell that it was Cohen under the helmet- tthey look identical! Rylee is precious! Cant get enough of her pics, keep them coming!

Debbi said...

What a handsome pirate! That looks like a fun b-day party idea, the cake is cute! That is so great that Rylee is such a good sleeper!

Sarah said...

Hi Kelly! I had you for the book swap that Debbi's doing and I wanted you to know that I finally sent your package today :) Hopefully it gets there soon! It was fun to pick out books for you - I hope you like them! Your family is adorable and congratulations on your new baby girl! So cute!!

Sarah

kh said...

And the mother of the year award goes to...

Seriously, where do you find the time, the energy AND the creative motivation? Do you have a vial of motherhood magic somewhere, I need some! I've been such a slacker lately!

Isn't it great to watch your son learn to ride his bike, to them it's like graduating college. Marcor was on could nine for months! It's quite an accomplishment for them, getting the whole "balance" thing down!

Love the treasure chest. So cute. You need to tell me how you did that. Was it all edible?

Pam said...

Such cute photos. Rylee is so cute!! The boys are doing great here. I asked Ammon if he missed you and Jody and he said, "yes." Then I asked him if he wanted me to take him home and he said, "Well, I'll see them at the lake..." Cohen is seriously hilarious and sooo good. They have been a breeze to watch. The only thing hard is remembering to brush the teeth and putting them in and out of carseats! Love them! Enjoy your week.

Kasey said...

Cute party for Ammon! I bet he was loving. Way to go on the cake...got any ideas on one I can do for Alexa's Hawaiian Luau party?
Cohen does look just like Ammon. Both cute as can be! And Rylee is seriously adorable. I hope you are loving your time with just her right now. You are one LUCKY girl!

Heidi said...

I love Ammon in the Cpt. Jack hat- hilarious!

So nice to have some straight baby time this week!

Jami said...

I bet Ammon is wearing out that pirate hat this week! Cute cake. I'm sure it's nice having just Rylee this week. She's already sleeping as well as Keal! And she's so cute. I love her little girlie clothes! We want to come visit after you get back from the lake!