
Back when Lindsey was here we watched Oprah one night. The show that night was about how often use should get new pillows, wash your sheets, and basically keep your home clean and free of dust mites and bacteria that can make you sick. One lady on the show had 6,000 more times harmful bacteria in and around her sink than she did in her toilet. Gross! I don't know about Lindsey but I have been doing a lot more cleaning and washing lately. Today I got out the ammonia and scrubbed my sink, counters and table really good. I also swept and mopped my floor. Only 10 minutes later Cohen threw his left over lunch on the floor. Then Ammon put on his shoes to get ready for school, walked across the floor and covered it in dirt! I ended up sweeping three times before 12:00 just to keep it clean for a few hours. UR!

Yesterday Jody watched the boys while I took in Dreamgirls at the movie theater. I don't understand why it took so long to come to our theater. I really enjoyed the movie and especially thought Jennifer Hudson was amazing in it. She has the most unbelievable voice and is a wonderful actress. I look forward to seeing her in more flicks. Beyonce looked beautiful and the music was amazing. Go see it.
7 comments:
I also heard on that Oprah how many bugs gather in our mattresses over ten years- sick!!! I hate washing our sheets but I have been trying to do it much more often- Oprah show said no less often than once a week but that is sometimes hard to do!
Oh kelly, one of the first things I did was vacuum my mattress. I also bought new kitchen brushes, among a couple other things. Actually, the professional guy said we should ideally wash our sheets twice a week, but certainly no less then once a week.
I really want to see Dreamgirls! They had the premiere at Liecester Square yesterday.
Here is the thing with germs...yeah they are gross, but they are always going to be there. We've been around them this long and are still livin', why change now? No, I actually should really wash my sheets. That stuff does gross me out. It is probably much worse in my apartment with 6 girls...ewww. I haven't washed my sheets since I have lived here. It is such a hassel though! I hate doing laundry here and taking it to the clubhouse! I really think that in the future I will get an apartment like you had.
I really really want to see Dreamgirls! I love that you saw it by yourself..why didn't you see it with mom?
Idea..when you have Rylee you wont be able to work...maybe I could take your job when the time comes? Ya, think?
Kelly I thought I would tell you, in response to your comment on my blog, all of those books I have listed have come HIGHLY recommended to me by either my mom or a good friend who's opinion I trust, so if you are looking for something to read next, you might like something I mentioned.
I do love the sisterhood books too and they go by way too fast.
Don't you like Alexander McCall Smith? His Scotland series is kind of fun if you haven't read those.
Alex has a point there. Not to say that we should not be clean. I think we should definitely clean our houses/wash our sheets (ALEX! I can't believe you haven't washed yours all year.) But regardless of whether we do these things, there will always be germs around. We can knock ourselves out santizing and doing laundry every day to keep up with the "guidelines" on Oprah, or do our best to follow them while still getting out and enjoying life!
BTW, I totally want to see Dreamgirls. It looks SO good. I was worried it wouldn't be because usually the movies that are nominated for so many awards are a little weird. Maybe I'll go this weekend!
I am so NOT a person worried about germs. I don't even wash my mug, I just rinse it and drink herbal tea every night and hot chocolate every morning. I know, gross, isn't it? I don't even want to mention how long it's been since I got a new kitchen scrubber-- Anyway, onto more pleasant subjects...
YUCK YUCK YUCK...thanks I will sleep great tonight :)
Post a Comment