
This poor man was attacked by a mountain lion last week while hiking with his wife in the Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. I first heard about the attack when I received an email from our homeowners association president (no, we aren't homeowners but own land in the community). Apparently the couple have a home in the same neighborhood.
I have walked this area numerous times. My mom had actually planned on taking her sister, who is visiting, through the same area. After the attack game wardens closed the park and sent dogs out to search for the lion. They were able to kill two lions in the park. One ended up being the lion that attacked this man. Moral of the story, never hike alone and if you think like me, always bring a weapon.
I have walked this area numerous times. My mom had actually planned on taking her sister, who is visiting, through the same area. After the attack game wardens closed the park and sent dogs out to search for the lion. They were able to kill two lions in the park. One ended up being the lion that attacked this man. Moral of the story, never hike alone and if you think like me, always bring a weapon.
5 comments:
wow. That is scary. Did the wife get attacked?
I heard about that. So scary! Didn't the wife beat the lion off of him with a stick?
We used to do a lot of family vacations in Yellowstone and so we were big on bear safety. I am sure nuch of it would apply with lions. Unfortunately I don't remember much of it!
I love prairie creek, I have been there lots of times. That is so scary! I've never liked guns, but they're sounding pretty useful in this situation.
I saw it on the news-yucky! I'm glad his wife was brave enough to beat it off of him!
That is crazy!! I cant believe that happend so close to home! Yeah...bring a gun. Where was the wife during all this?
Post a Comment