Saturday, January 06, 2007

Birthday Present?

I have always been interested in getting this makeup but never wanted to order it before I tried it. Today my mom, Lindsey, Izzy and I went to a salon and got bare minerals makeovers. I loved feeling like I didn't have makeup on my face but seeing that my face looked fresh and my skin tones were more unified. Since I won't be buying any clothes anytime soon I have decided that this is what I want for my birthday in March.

I am heading back to the bay area today. Lindsey is flying home to London on Tuesday. I am leaving Ammon here and taking Cohen (I wish it were the other way around because Ammon is much easier than Cohen). We will stay in Vacaville two nights and then in Stanford the last night when we go to visit Tasha and Makynna.

One more thing. A guy in our ward who is a podiatrist asked me to work in his office two afternoons a week from 1:30 to 5:00. Jody says that he can watch the kids while I'm there. I want to do it for some extra money but I hate the thought of being tied down twice a week. I am also nervous about being tired because I get really exhausted in the afternoons. It sounds pretty low key. So any advice on the matter would be much appreciated!

11 comments:

Community Vision said...

Hey Kelly, it was great visiting with you the other day. Have a safe trip to the bay area. I think it will be nice for you to work a couple days a week. It will give you some adult time. The extra money will be nice too. See you later. Danielle

Aubree said...

I use that make-up and I love it! I hate foundation too and this feels like I have nothing on. It is pricey ($30), but it lasts a long time if your two year old doesn't dump half it out the day you buy a new one. :) Make sure you get the brushes as well because they really help. Check out QVC because they always have deals on TV. You should move here because they have a store near me. :)
I think the job sounds fun, but I know what you mean about the exhaustion. I work 2 mornings a week and bring Hailee though and I love the extra $$$. Good luck!

Debbi said...

Fun stuff, I have a friend who loves that stuff. Do you have the store Ulta out there? They sell it there and they always have good sales. That sounds fun about the job, you'll have to tell me how it goes, I'm sure I will have to help in Wade's office someday.

Alex and Mitch said...

Hey Kel- I think that you should take the job. You will love to the the extra money...and I am sure a break from the kids wouldnt be too bad either. I am pretty sure they sell that makeup at salon eclipse. I really wanted to get some over the summer. Shelby had it and when i would visit her I would always use it. I still plan on getting some someday.

Anonymous said...

That would be a tough call for me. I think it is great you are thinking it through so much! I would be cautious if I decided to do it. I have seen a lot of girls take on a couple hours of work for extra money or for a break and they find that it is more involved than they bargain for in terms of time or stress. Also, I have heard complaints that once they had an increase of income it was hard to let it go. That is great though that Jody can be home with the kids for a couple of hours. If you decide to do it I would love to hear what your thoughts and perspective are.

Anonymous said...

Isn't your birthday in March?

Heidi said...

I hate the feeling of foundation on my face but I know my skin could sure us it- I will have to try out this product.

Good luck with the job decision.

Anonymous said...

I am glad all three of you got to try it. It really is the best stuff I have ever used, and it has SPF 15 too which is good to have.

Kelly said...

Thanks for the insight guys. If I get the makeup, it will be for my birthday (which yes Heather is in March, but seems to come quickly after Christmas is over) and I will probably get it on their website because you get 3 extra things with it besides the regular package.

Heidi- It isn't liquid foundation, just different powders and seriously doesn't feel like you have anything on. You should find somewhere there that sells it and get a makeover. Most upper scale salons sell it.

About the job thing. I am suppose to tell him yesterday. But I think I will try it out. It sounds pretty laid back and if I don't like it he said family comes first and I can just quit! So I better give him a call.

Oh and Heather did you start a blog? I need your address! If you didn't PLEASE do.

Kasey said...

Yeah, I think you might as well try the job thing out. Especially since it sounds like not a big commitment. And it'll be nice to do something on your own for a while each week.
But it sounds like I'm too late and you already have your mind made up!
I've always wanted to try Bare Minerals, but never knew where to find it. I'll have to look it up online and see if anyone here sells it. I could definitely use a makeover! Why didn't we do this when I was there????

seanandkadi said...

Kelly- my mom and Ana use Bare Minerals and I love it! I always use it in Utah and have seriously hinted for my mom to get me my own but it hasn't happened yet. I may have to break down and order it myself.
I hope you enjoy the job - it sounds like a good opportunity and it is nice for the kids to have one on one time with dad too.