Thursday, December 10, 2009

slow down


Have I seriously not posted about Thanksgiving yet? I am so behind and such a slacker when it comes to blogging!


Life with four is busy. Crazy busy. Sometimes I can get so stressed and frazzled about a messy house, laundry and finances that I feel like just giving up but one smile from my sweet little Tate and I'm good. Did I mention he is a day away from turning three months old? It's killing me. Seriously I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE his age. Yes I am waking up one or two times to nurse at night but he is so wonderful. He still sleeps a lot. Hangs out when I'm driving kids all over town all day or running errands and his sweet little coos are the cutest. Even though I'm waking up to nurse at night I feel pretty good in the morning so I can totally handle it. As long as I'm in bed by 10:30 I'm fine. Jody asked me the other day how I thought our lives would be different without Tate. And honestly I told him not much. Really three isn't much different then four because he is such a good boy.


We've been busy with Christmas coming. Parties, cookie exchanges, and decorating. I'm sad that it will all be over so quickly. I love this time of year. Jody and I are Mary and Joseph at our ward Christmas party Saturday and Tate is the baby Jesus. It should be fun.







Have I mention how family oriented our community is? I love it here. Young families, involved in their kids lives. It's great to really feel a part of the community. Last week we went to the Town Green Christmas night. Ammon's class sang a couple of songs and then we walked over to the library for crafts. There were horse drawn sleighs, train and trolley rides. Picture's with Santa. A mailbox to drop letters off to him. The stores were open giving out treats and there was just a very jolly feeling in the air. Love it here. And don't even get me started on the amazing weather and beautiful surroundings.

9 comments:

Missy said...

You're making me want to move up there! I love communities like that. And I love, love the mailboxes!

Tate is ADORABLE.

Kasey said...

I totally agree...four isn't (so far anyway) much different from three at all. It's so sad how quickly they grow up though.
And I'm loving the Santa mailboxes. So cool!

Lindsey said...

You live in a GREAT community. The christmas thing sounds awesome. I wish we could have gone!

Tate is an AMAZING baby. And i love the pics of him. You might feel frazzled and chaotic, but I was so impressed at how calm is seemed with 4 kids!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Tate has grown since we were there. He is so cute.
Your community is the greatest. It was soooo much fun at Halloween when we were there. Miss you all and can hardly wait to see you again. Love you, G.Mom Cindy

kh said...

Jealous! Just don't tell me you have a big christmas tree and a skating pond in the middle of your town and I will be okay. ;) Love the Santa boxes too. (We just put ours in the regular blue ones, hope no one went 'postal' about that. Ha! Bad joke.)

Tate is sooooo cute! He is getting so big. My baby turns 18 months soon and I am having a hard time with that. Maybe it's time for another one.

Jenni said...

You make me feel so much better about my impending 4th! I am already behind on all my housework so that won't change.

Christi said...

Your kids are getting so big!!! Send me your address so I can send you a Christmas card!

Jami said...

You should stay! Sounds like such a fun night. I want to be there! Better than anything over here...Tate is looking so big even since we saw him. You're a rockstar mom, Kell. I don't even know how you pull it off, but I'm definitely impressed!

Lani said...

How fun. I love the mailbox for letters to santa - how cute is that?! Let's get together again soon!