Monday, August 31, 2009

Lake Trip

We went to Trinity Lake a couple of weekends ago and I'm just getting around to posting about it. It was a quick trip. Jody had a meeting in SF all day Friday and didn't get home until six. So we packed the kids up and were on the road by seven and arrived at camp by midnight.

Are beloved lake.

When Ammon went to the lake with my mom in July he built himself a fort. The picture doesn't do it justice. It was pretty cool and I was impressed!

I'm much larger now.

This boy is all about deer and all about hunt'in (that's how he says it) right now. We usually make it to Trinity Alps at least once each time we go to the lake. We go for ice cream and the kids love to play on the bridge, go in the game room or play outside on the swings. Ammon was looking for deer the whole trip. After ice cream his grandma took him on a drive to look for deer and they saw one!


Best Buddies.


Jody got Ammon to go wake boarding with him. Next year he plans to do it himself. That kind of scares me but I guess I was skiing by seven.

The most entertaining part of the trip was my dad's turtle hunting. We make him do it at least once every time we go. It's actually really fun and suspenseful. We drive close to the bank until we see a turtle . Then he swims very quietly until he gets close and then ducks under water and comes right up on it and grabs it. They are actually very quick and hard to get. This time he got one his first time. We all love it! Such a talent to be a good turtle hunter. After he catches it he brings it back to the boat for the kids to examine and touch and then he lets it go.






That's my man!


Rylee loves the lake. She does so well there. Much easier than at home. Sometimes I think she just needs a break from home. I feel the same way!

It was a quick trip but well worth it. I'm so lucky to live close enough to go!

5 comments:

Alex and Mitch said...

i'm so jealous! wish we could've been there this time too! The kids are so cute...i especially love the last pic of Roo. and love the pics of dad turtle hunting.

Yeah you cant really tell that Ammon's fort is cool...looks like some logs in a square. Is dad the one turning him into a hunter.

Oh and sis...nice rack in the prego pic :)

Jenni said...

Tell Jody to lay off the roids! Just kidding... but he is lookng buff. Your stomack is perfectly round, like a globe. I love it. And the turtle hunting is classic. I would honestly pay to see that live.

Janelle said...

I can't believe summer is over. It is so sad, I never feel like I can't get up to the lake enough. I wish I could have been there when you guys were there. I always enjoy hanging out with you and visiting:)

Jami said...

Love Uncle Lee turtle hunting. Who else would do that? He is the funnest Grandpa ever! You are so lucky to live close to the lake and to still go! AND your belly look so cute! Love Alex's comment...and Ow! Jody, you been workin out? haha. You guys are a sexy sexy couple! Trying to figure out how to come to your shower, but am not sure I'll have anyone to watch Keal...I'll call you soon-been meaning to, anyways.

Kasey said...

You are so lucky! How fun to spend so much time there. I'm quite jealous. I have to agree with Alex about the rack!

And I had no idea Dad hunted for turtles. That is hilarious!