Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy 4th Cohen








Cohen has grown up so much just in the last few months. One thing I thought I'd never say is that he is easy now, sometime easier than Ammon.

-He has a mind of his own and doesn't care what anyone thinks and he thinks he is always right. Sometimes he tries to tell me I'm driving the wrong direction, as if I don't know where I'm going and he does.
-A few months ago his favorite color was pink and when his brother told him that pink was a girl color he'd say, "I don't care I like it." To his dad's delight he's over the pink phase now.
-Cohen always has to wear shorts or "little pants." He is slightly OCD about things. Like his hair, clothes, toys and food.
-He doesn't like to share his food. He wants it all to himself, which I'm certain he gets from me. But he does share other things quite well.
-He has a Major sweet tooth. He'll do anything for sugar and if he gets in trouble, oh well he got his sugar and it's worth it to him!
-Cohen is an amazing sleeper. He takes a nap every day and often sleeps in past eight in the morning. Each day he asks me, "what are we going to do today mom?"
-He loves his sister "Roo, Roozy, Roo-girl". They play pretty well together and she loves him just as much.
-Cohen can't wait until his baby brother Tate is here. He tells me he will protect Tate from Rylee because she is mean to babies (which she isn't) and that he is going to help me take care of the baby.
-He still says his L's with a W sound. "I wuv you mommy".
-He's become the daredevil in the family. Before this summer he was afraid of everything and now he enjoys everything. We went to the fair last week and wanted to go on every ride. Jody was throwing the boys into the pool pretty high the other day and Cohen wanted to go higher each time. Ammon was done after a few throws but Cohen wanted more.
-If I disagreed, told him no or to stop doing something yesterday he would say, "You can't be mean to people on their birthday."
-He's a mommy's boy.
FAVORITE FOOD
mac and cheese
FAVORITE PLACE TO GO
Disneyland
BEST FRIEND
Chase
HOW OLD ARE YOU?
four
FAVORITE TOY?
my gumball machine
HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE ME?
I love you all the way to Disneyland
FAVORITE MOVIE
Homeward Bound II Lost in San Francisco
FAVORITE ANIMAL
Alligators

Tonight is his birthday party at the Funky Monkey. We actually had to talk him into it because he really wanted a water party at home but I'm not feeling up to a home party these days. One where I just show up sounds much better! We had cake and ice cream Monday night with Jody's parents (still need to blog about their visit).

He tells me that he will have this party, a water party next year and then no more birthdays because he is going to stay my little boy forever. I wish.

9 comments:

Kasey said...

Happy Birthday Cohen! We love you so much.

Love all the pictures of him. It's fun to see how much he's grown. So sad that we don't get to see you guys very often. I LOVE that he doesn't want to have more birthdays so he can stay your little boy forever. Sometimes I wish for the same thing with my kids.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That's precious! We had a blast tonight. Happy Birthday Cohen!

Jami said...

Happy Birthday, Cohen! So cute!!! Good blog, Kell.

Lindsey said...

love that little boy. it was fun to see the pics as he gets older. I can't wait for him and izzy to play together! happy bday cohen!

Pam said...

I love that Co-boy!! He is such a cutie and so loveable. I love how he will talk on and on when you get him on the phone! You captured his cute personality/traits perfectly. That's the Cohie I know and love!

Julie said...

Happy B-day, Cohen!

Celeste said...

Happy Birthday Cohen! He is such a funny little guy. I always love hearing stories about him. He is going to be a great older brother.

kh said...

AHHH! What a little man! He has grown up, esp since you make it easy to see that by posting his cute baby pix! I had to laugh at that comment you made about Cohen and his sugar... I have a daughter who loves sugar/snacks more than life itself and she doesn't care what she has to do or what happens to her, so long she gets it!

He's such a sweetheart! I hope his birthday was sooo fun!

Jenni said...

What a cutie. I love kids that are smart and funny and witty like that. So fun to live with.