Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Georgia Part II


We drove to Gainsville Monday morning to see Jody's Grandmother. She lives with her daughter and son in law. If it weren't for her failing eye sight she would be living alone and driving herself around. She has still has a sharp memory and as I've been told is a wonderful cook. The kids loved playing with her. She is so sweet and loving.

Cheesecake Factory is my favorite place to eat. We drove to Atlanta Tuesday to meet Jody's sister Julie and husband Scott for lunch. Jennifer took the day off of work and drove up with us. The only problem I have when we go to Georgia is that we always seem to be in the car and I tend to get carsick, it's even worse when I'm pregnant. So on the way up to Atlanta I thought we were going to have to pull over. From then on I had to sit in the front seat.

Later that night we went to our niece Megan's volleyball game. She is a great player and has a killer serve.



We went to the Georgia Aquarium Wednesday but when we got there I realized my camera battery was dead so I bought a throw away camera. It was so irritating! The boys LOVED the aquarium. Especially the jelly fish, sharks and whales. Ammon was determined to touch the hammerhead sharks in the petting pool. They were much harder to reach than the stingray's. He was so happy when he finally did! We also watched a cute little 3-D film about fish. Water would spray out at us at different times in the movie. Ammon loved it and was constantly trying to grab at the fish in the movie. It was his first 3-D experience. At the end of the day we let the kids each pick out a toy before we left. Of course to get out you HAVE to walk through their gift shop. Cohen picked a $1.50 shark pen that lights up and Ammon picked a stuffed otter he calls Rotter the Otter. He loves that otter. He took it everywhere and Grandmom even helped him make a home for the otter out of a cardboard box.

Thursday we drove to the Tanger outlets to do a little shopping and that night I had a Pampered Chef party at Cindy's house.

ATLANTA ZOO
We took the kids to the zoo Friday afternoon. My boys are animal lovers, especially Ammon. His favorites were the otters (because of his stuffed one), the tigers (which we barely saw), and the alligators. It was a fun zoo. Cindy spent most of her time in the Gorilla area ,which is where I'd liked to have been, they fascinate me. After looking at the animals Ammon climbed a rock wall, they went on the carousel and then on the train and we went home.

Our lions.







5 comments:

Debbi said...

I love this last picture, and the one of Rylee with the ice cream, looks like a fun trip

Pam said...

I miss you guys so much!! These pictures make me wish we'd come to visit this weekend. Love Rylee's silly faces. Looks like a fun and busy trip!

Lindsey said...

i love the pics. cohens last pic looks a lot like you! also, the gorillas fascinate me too. looks like such a fun trip! what great in-laws you have!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Great pics! That last one is to die for!

Kasey said...

Fun! I love the zoo. Love the pics too. By the way, it's easy to fix the post once you start it. If you have that problem again, just call me baby!