Wednesday, April 08, 2009

T-ball!




We had a great weekend with my parents. They came down late Friday night and left Sunday afternoon. Ammon always gets very upset when they leave. It almost makes me cry to see him get so sad. But at least he gets to see them a lot more than his other cousins do. And it made him feel better when I told him he was going to Georgia soon to see his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. He loves going to Georgia. We all do.

My parents went with us to Ammon's first t-ball game and then we went to In and Out for lunch. The guys took the kids back home for naps while my mom and I ran to Target and to the mall. My mom and I took the kids to Funky Monkey later Saturday night (think Chucky Cheese but better pizza). Cohen is so particular about the way things have to be. Like his socks. If his socks don't fit just perfectly then he freaks out. When Ammon would get his tickets from each game he would just fold them or bunch them up and stuff them in his pocket or in a cup. On the other hand Cohen had to rip each single ticket off of the other and place them perfectly in a cup. One time he got forty tickets and sat there and ripped each one off. He's a little compulsive that way. After Funky Monkey my mom and I stayed up until midnight making cinnamon rolls and orange rolls. It's kind of my new tradition on Conference weekend.

My mom posted about a funny Ammon story. She woke up Sunday with a sunburned nose. She was hoping no one would notice but the minute she walked down the stairs Ammon yelled out, "Oh my gosh, it's Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!" and then he said, "Hey Rudolph will you give me a ride to the north pole?" We were crying we were laughing so hard. He's getting pretty witty.

Ammon is loving t-ball and doing a great job. He never has to use the tee and is actually going for the ball instead of just standing there. Today at his game I threw his glove to him and he said, "That was a good throw, for a girl. " What? Kids learn way too early. But I do not throw like a girl!

4 comments:

Jami said...

None of us throw like girls! Ha. I love the Rudolph story. I was cracking up reading that on your mom's blog. Have fun in Georgia!!!! Let's do something fun when you get back.

Janelle said...

I love the picture of your dad and Rylee! She is beautiful:)

Pam said...

Ammon looks like a little stud in the t-ball picture-so intense! All of your kids are so cute. Still cracking up over the Rudolph story-he's a nut.

Kasey said...

When mom told me about Rudolph, I was crying from laughing so hard. Ammon is just hilarious. And he looks like so cute in his tball uniform!

Love all the pictures. Everyone looks so cute!