Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back from Georgia

We had a great trip to Georgia last week. Like always we kept ourselves busy, saw lots of family and ate WAY TOO much food. I took over 200 pictures so I think I'll break the trip down into segments.
EASTER SUNDAY

I'm still getting used to my 50 mm lens and had the aperture on 1.8 so the kids in the background are blurry.
whoops. By the time I realized it they had all gotten up!
Jody helped Rylee hunt for eggs. He held the bag open while she ran around and found them. She would bypass the smaller eggs for the bigger ones. By the end she definitely had the hang of it.

The kids got Easter baskets in the morning and then had an Easter egg hunt after church with all of the younger grandkids. That afternoon Ammon made some sort of comment about Jesus resurrection being the real meaning of Easter. I was proud.

Each kid got to get twenty eggs and each egg had two quarters in it so they all made ten dollars.



Larry plays a fun game with all of the older grandkids that he calls, Let's Make a Deal.

This is Jody and his sister Jennifer. We had lots of food and laughed a lot. More to come.

So now we are home and it has been in the low nineties the last few days. It's only April! I dread summer with no a/c.

6 comments:

Pam said...

You need to describe Let's Make a Deal. Looks like a fun vacation! Glad you had a good time! remember you can always come here to escape the heat!!

Debbi said...

I love your pictures, and what you do with photoshop - like the one at the top, I love it! It looks like a fun trip, hopefully you post more

Kasey said...

Yeah, what is Let's Make a Deal? Glad you had fun in Georgia and can't wait to see more pictures! Love all these. Do you use your 50mm all the time now?

And I'd kill for your weather right now...with a/c of course!

Celeste said...

Ummm... low nineties! ... Can I come stay with you for a while?

How fun to spend some time in Georgia over Easter. I bet the kids loved it. You got some great pictures and I love the Cohen is running around without a shirt... he's such a stud.

Alex and Mitch said...

I love how Rylee doesn't waste her time on the smaller eggs. ha. Cohen is such a stud all shirtless! Love that Ammon told everyone the real meaning of easter! Cute!!!

cant wait to hear more!

Jenni said...

It was SO awesome to run into you guys in the airport! Is it a small world or what? You have such a CUTE family! I love seeing the pictures of your parents too. I miss them.