I don't think so. Yesterday was mine and Jody's seventh anniversary. Four kids in seven years isn't quite what I had planned but honestly I'm very happy. After seven years I can honestly say that I love him more now. Many of you know that ours was a quick engagement and marriage, something I never thought I'd do. Do give us some credit, we had known each other since August. But he was a newly returned missionary and was on the prowl. We were friends for the first semester of us both living in King Henry and then after Christmas we started spending more time together. I'll never forget the first time he asked me out. I was kind of shocked because I honestly didn't think I was his type. But I said yes and seriously two weeks later we were engaged. We had already built a friendship and once we realized the chemistry was there it was full speed ahead. It seems like we haven't slowed down since we started, hence the four kids?
Last year we spent our anniversary in Cabo. It was perfect. Jody surprised me with an evening dinner on the beach. It was beautiful. I wish we were there again this year. Instead we went out Saturday night to see 17 Again (loved it) and to dinner at Chevy's (so romantic, I know). But it was fun and light. No matter where we go or what we do we have a great time together.
Through most of this pregnancy he has been caring, understanding and extra helpful. I say most because of the one time he called me psycho, which in his defense, I was but didn't needed anyone to confirm it. He is sensitive, funny, easy going, caring, loving, sweet, helpful and shows and tells me everyday how much he loves me. I love seeing the special relationship he has with each of our children, especially his daughter. I'm lucky to have married the right person, my best friend.
9 comments:
Congratulations! Seven years is a long time... and yet so small in the big picture. You guys make such a great couple and have the cutest family.
Congrats! I love how you admit you were psycho but he didn't need to confirm it. Too funny.
Jody is a great guy. You guys are perfect together!
Cute post sis! I bet it has just flown by for you guys. It seems so far away for Mitch and I but I bet it will be here sooner than we know it. I am so glad you married JOdy too! He is so fun and I love how him and I act like we are brother and sister and tease but also get along so well.Seriously cant believe you were engaged after 2 weeks still but seems to have worked out perfectly! Oh yeah love how you admit you were psycho haha.
Happy Anniversary!
Happy anniversary! Also...where did you get your shirt...love love love it!
Happy anniversary!!!!! I'm so happy you found someone so awesome Kel!
happy anniv, sis! i remember witnessing your friendship/courtship. Most people who get married that quickly are kind of nuts, but I can attest that you and jody were a perfect match from day one!
So cute. I love your story. I wish we lived closer. We have a lot in common and would be great friends.
You guys are awesome together.
Okay..so I'm sitting here way confused! I've been out of it for so long..and way too wrapped up in my own little life. Am i getting this right..you are pregnant and having a boy? Is that right or am I reading some old April Fools joke!!! Well congrats!! I'm so happy for you. You and Jody are amazing. I admire you both! Good luck with everything and I'll hopefully be a better friend and keep on top of these things!!!
Post a Comment