Monday, March 16, 2009

catching up

Ammon just started his first year of baseball and he is loving it! After his first practice he wanted to stay after and have me pitch to him. He really is a good little hitter and can't wait for his next practice. I love seeing him in his baseball hat.


He is also quite the artist! After school he will come home and draw for at least an hour. He goes through phases. He was drawing the Cat in the Hat for a few weeks, then a lion (that is there class mascot) and now Shawn the Leprechaun. I love this age. I wish we could just freeze him. He learned my parents number and calls my dad a couple of times a day. He also talks about is eight year old friend (that's a girl) Kinley, non stop. He is just so much fun.


Some people from church gave us a bag full of dress up clothes. These are Harry Potter glasses that the boys wore around for the first few days. They look like such nerds because the glasses are way too big.

I took the kids to the park last weekend and Rylee took off down a grass hill and fell at the bottom. When she got up this is how she looked. I died laughing. I had no idea there was a mud puddle at the bottom! Is she making the I love you sign?

Tomorrow I turn 29. One more year before thirty! I feel like I'm still 22 or something. I was born on a special day, my Grandpa Pat's birthday! It's been fun sharing our birthday together every year and I think it even makes me his favorite granddaughter, right Gramps? Happy birthday Grandpa!

I can hear Ammon in the other room sounding out the words for a birthday card! Priceless. My kids are VERY into St. Patrick's Day. So I've got to get the stuff out that the leprechaun brought!

13 comments:

Julie said...

Happy, happy birthday, Kelly! Hope your day is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
Pictures are so cute!
Yes, Amo is an artist. WOW!
Can't wait to get my hands on those sweet grandchildren.
Love you guys, GMom Cindy

Christi said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! I love the pics of the babies!!!!!!

Eava said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!

Love the photos! The one of Rylee covered in mudd is priceless! Looks like you guys are all doing great...

Aubree said...

Happy Birthday!!

Lindsey said...

Love the Harry Potter get-up. Hilarious. The glasses really do the trick! I can't believe Ammo is playing baseball...how I'd love to watch him play!

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday Kelly:) I love all of the pictures, your kids are beautiful. I love the picture of the boys in the glasses. Ammo is a crack up. I can't believe how much he loves to dress up:)

Debbi said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you! I can't believe that we are 29! ARgh! I hope you had a great day, wore green and got lots of fun presents. Didn't Jody give you that salad spiller full of money last year? You guys are awesome and full of fun ideas, I'm sure you did something fun.

I thought about you the other night when we watched the home giveaway - sorry you didn't win - that lady was pretty stunned! haha

Alex and Mitch said...

Cute post! Love all the pics. K so did Ammon really draw the leprechaun? It is really really good. he even colored in the lines! I've never met a kid so into St. Patrick's day and Leprechauns. when I watched the kids over the summer Ammon made me tell him a Leprechaun every night. So funny. And that hat he is wearing in the pic with mom...he borrowed it when one of your friends watched them for me. Looks like he still has it...ha. Rylee is hilarious. Oh and so funny how Ammon calls dad all the time. haha. Happy Birthday sis! Love you and the fam!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

Kasey said...

Ammon and that imagination of his kill me! He is hilarious and I can't wait to see him (and the other two) in a couple days. I'm gonna have to use your fun St. Patrick's day ideas in my house next year. Kaden was VERY interested in hearing exactly what your leprechaun did.

Kasey said...

Oh, and love the pic of Rylee and the mud. Too funny!

Celeste said...

Happy Birthday Kelly... hope it was a good one. I love that pic of Ammon throwing the ball and the boys in the HP glasses. Your kids a re all so adorable!!